Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

training and time off

wootoom

Elite Moderator
Chairman Member
hey guys i was just wondering. after working out hard for a month straight 4 times a week would it be safe to take a week off? im thinking it would help the body alot. i find i see a small amount of gains on my off day. your opinions please. later bros

Vince Gironda, aka... the Iron Guru used to preach this. His version was 3 weeks of hard training followed by 1 week off. 3 weeks on, 1 week off. etc. etc.

I train 4-5 times week, and rarely take any time off. If I do, it's from being sick or due to travel.

Whatever "program" you are following should allow ample time for recovery each week. It may take some practice to figure out your own body's recovery time, but you can.

if you train heavy and hard 4 to 5 times a week, it is good to take a week or so off every 4 or 5 weeks.

i see no reason to schedule weeks off. i take weeks off when i'm injured, sick or otherwise incapacitated. (or when signs of overtraining are beginning to show)

SAGAT said:
i see no reason to schedule weeks off. i take weeks off when i'm injured, sick or otherwise incapacitated. (or when signs of overtraining are beginning to show)

I agree right here, as long as the pumps are good, but I may take off 3-4 days at most.

Listen to your body and you will know when to take time off. I will take a few unscheduled days off every six weeks or so.:)

my tendons in my arms are really sore from lifting heavy and playing alot of hockey i think my body needs a week off

Top Bottom