Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

Took the LSAT today.

Beachbum1546

New member
Law School Aptitute Test, in case you didn't know.

5 multiple choice sections with 1 expermiental section and an essay section at the end.

100 MC questions will be your score and the essay is just read but not scored.

On to the story:
Holy crap, my brain is completly drained. I finished the four hour long test 5 minutes ago. I feel disappointed, but only because of one section. It was the first section I took and it was a logic section. The logic isn't hard for me but what happened is that I got low blood sugar about 5minutes into the test (I'm a diabetec) so I'm getting all sweaty, breathing irregularly, my vision was so blurred that I couldn't read the questions. I snuck a nutra-grain bar and ate it during the section but the test is so time constrained I was only able to answer about 10 questions out of 24 with reasonable accuracy, the last 14 I straight up guessed with 15 seconds left in the section. Theorectically I could have missed them all, hopefully I got 7-10 right. That's all I can ask for though, I felt so shitty waiting for my blood sugar to become normal while trying to figure these uber difficult logic games.

The last four sections (including the experimental and another logic section) I fucking aced, I probably missed 8-10 out of all four sections(75 questions). So, basically my low blood sugar fucked me over for a test that I could have gotten a score that was good enough to get me into an ivy league school. Now, I'll have to settle for a state school, lol.
 
you should have let them know what is up with your condition, maybe they could have extended your time. law school or grad school? godspeed
 
Gambino said:
you should have let them know what is up with your condition, maybe they could have extended your time. law school or grad school? godspeed
I had to show the lady my Type I Diabetic ID neckalce just so she would allow me to eat the nutra-grain bar. I wouldn't dare think about asking for extra time. On my law school applications there is an addenum section. Basically you're allowed to explain anything you want about yourself that potentially looks bad, most of the time people exlain run ins with the law. If my score is below what I need for a certain school I'll proably mention it.

It's for law school, not grad.
 
Beachbum1546 said:
I had to show the lady my Type I Diabetic ID neckalce just so she would allow me to eat the nutra-grain bar. I wouldn't dare think about asking for extra time. On my law school applications there is an addenum section. Basically you're allowed to explain anything you want about yourself that potentially looks bad, most of the time people exlain run ins with the law. If my score is below what I need for a certain school I'll proably mention it.

It's for law school, not grad.

my bor just graduating from depaul law...did you apply there?
 
Beachbum1546 said:
Law School Aptitute Test, in case you didn't know.

5 multiple choice sections with 1 expermiental section and an essay section at the end.

100 MC questions will be your score and the essay is just read but not scored.

On to the story:
Holy crap, my brain is completly drained. I finished the four hour long test 5 minutes ago. I feel disappointed, but only because of one section. It was the first section I took and it was a logic section. The logic isn't hard for me but what happened is that I got low blood sugar about 5minutes into the test (I'm a diabetec) so I'm getting all sweaty, breathing irregularly, my vision was so blurred that I couldn't read the questions. I snuck a nutra-grain bar and ate it during the section but the test is so time constrained I was only able to answer about 10 questions out of 24 with reasonable accuracy, the last 14 I straight up guessed with 15 seconds left in the section. Theorectically I could have missed them all, hopefully I got 7-10 right. That's all I can ask for though, I felt so shitty waiting for my blood sugar to become normal while trying to figure these uber difficult logic games.

The last four sections (including the experimental and another logic section) I fucking aced, I probably missed 8-10 out of all four sections(75 questions). So, basically my low blood sugar fucked me over for a test that I could have gotten a score that was good enough to get me into an ivy league school. Now, I'll have to settle for a state school, lol.

I thought I blew the logic section but it's the one I scored the highest. I ended up with a 167 cold, without any prep, not even the practice.
 
JavaGuru said:
I thought I blew the logic section but it's the one I scored the highest. I ended up with a 167 cold, without any prep, not even the practice.
That's a good score! I was on track for about a 170-172 if you take away the first section.
 
You can always retake, and depending on money, try Powerscore or Testmasters.

How long's it take you to get your scores? I don't know how LSAT works, just the old GRE... now the new GRE... now the soon-to-be new-old GRE. I've so lost track of how things work, lol.



:cow:
 
samoth said:
You can always retake, and depending on money, try Powerscore or Testmasters.

How long's it take you to get your scores? I don't know how LSAT works, just the old GRE... now the new GRE... now the soon-to-be new-old GRE. I've so lost track of how things work, lol.



:cow:
I get my results on Feb 27th.

I took three practice tests under timed conditions. The first time I took it I got a 155, then a 163, then a 166. I always had weak scores in the logic section but I really busted my ass working on that and I took two logic section test yesterday for practice and I missed three on the first one and two on the second one! If I could have done that on the real test I would have gotten a 170-172.
 
samoth said:
You can always retake, and depending on money, try Powerscore or Testmasters.

How long's it take you to get your scores? I don't know how LSAT works, just the old GRE... now the new GRE... now the soon-to-be new-old GRE. I've so lost track of how things work, lol.



:cow:
I think retaking the LSAT is a no no, isn't it? Not like the GMAT. beachbum, that sucks. anything in the 160's is still a good score though, but 170's and you could've been well on your way to 3 years at an ivy league school where each and every day you'd feel like blowing your brains out! It sucks you missed out on that.
 
GOOD LUCK with score bro! I took a practice one got 150 - took the $1200 Kaplan Class and wound up getting 151 on the real test - Meanwhile never applied to any law school and instead took GMAT for MBA school
 
SC4EVA said:
GOOD LUCK with score bro! I took a practice one got 150 - took the $1200 Kaplan Class and wound up getting 151 on the real test - Meanwhile never applied to any law school and instead took GMAT for MBA school
Not to be mean to you in any way, this is a purely personal statement. Seriously, if got a 151 after four years of pre-law major, LSAT prep courses, and about 50 hours of practice I'd get a job at Wendy's and never do anything for the rest of my life.
 
samoth said:
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/multiple_lsat.php?x=ab8255b2d0f37f79e72514e2d2deb7e0

[QUOTEbran314159] anything in the 160's is still a good score though, but 170's and you could've been well on your way to 3 years at an ivy league school where each and every day you'd feel like blowing your brains out! It sucks you missed out on that.

TITCR



:cow:[/QUOTE]
I was in there with two guys who both were taking it for the third time! Funny thing was, one of guys was finishing each section with about 10minutes to spare. Either that means this guy is brilliant or a complete idiot.
 
Beachbum1546 said:
Not to be mean to you in any way, this is a purely personal statement. Seriously, if got a 151 after four years of pre-law major, LSAT prep courses, and about 50 hours of practice I'd get a job at Wendy's and never do anything for the rest of my life.

151 on LSAT, kill self?



:cow:
 
Beachbum1546 said:
That's a good score! I was on track for about a 170-172 if you take away the first section.

I took it in 1994 but I can't remember my exact percentile as it does vary based on the competition. Some people claim schools look more at your percentile as opposed to the raw score, not sure if that's accurate or not. I hated law school and even though I have a JD there is no way in hell I would ever practice. My first year in law school I read where a survey found 2/3 of practicing attorney's woudl choose a different career if they could. I know in this area(Toledo, OH), a starting attorney makes around 35k. The bar has done a terrible job of controlling teh number of attorney's. It's going to take about twenty more years before the recent increase in standards actually have a noticable effect on the number of attorney's. I graduated from law school, became an MCP in a month and was making 50% more than the average starting salary of those in my graduating class. A job someone with a high school education could do.
 
Beachbum1546 said:
Not to be mean to you in any way, this is a purely personal statement. Seriously, if got a 151 after four years of pre-law major, LSAT prep courses, and about 50 hours of practice I'd get a job at Wendy's and never do anything for the rest of my life.
shit that was kind of a dick thing to say
 
Beachbum1546 said:
I was in there with two guys who both were taking it for the third time! Funny thing was, one of guys was finishing each section with about 10minutes to spare. Either that means this guy is brilliant or a complete idiot.

Probably some spoiled gunner trying to eek out an extra point or two.

I just assumed one could retake several times, with some LS's averaging and some taking the better of the lot.

I'm also confused as to why salt trucks keep driving by putting salt on the roads, when there is no snow, ice or rain. They've been doing this for over 14 hours. I should probably watch the news or something.



:cow:
 
bran987 said:
you sure know a shitload about law school to be a physics guy.

The college board dies down a lot, but the law board is really active, so I tend to gravitate over there a bit to read threads about torts and stuff.


:cow:
 
bran987 said:
shit that was kind of a dick thing to say
Naw man, I wasn't refering to SC4EVA at ALL! I was purely talking about myself. The past four years of my life has revolved around getting into law school and doing everything they tell me to do to the nth degree and to get a 151 (which I guess is definatly possible now, lol) would just kill me. I don't how I would take it, to know the past four years was basically for nothing. I could have studied something I'm interested in, like working out/fitness/physiology but instead I trugged on in the hope of going to an upper tier school.

SC4EVA, seriously I never meant to take a stab at you I was only using the number as a reference. Like you said yourself, you never applied to law school and clearly had lots of other options, this is my only option.
 
I also had to take one of the nastiest shits of my life. It began to make its way down my bowels by section three and by section 5 I thought I was going to crap in a trash can next to me. But luckily the last section was reading conpreshension and since I can read extraordinarily fast I finsihed with about 5 minutes till the writing section began. I closed my test booklet and excused myself to the restroom. Just imagine Jeff Daniels in Dumb and Dumber when he rips and that hellacious shit in Swanson's bathroom. Yeah, that was me with the face expressions and all. I think I lost about 30 pounds and kidney in that shit.
 
Beachbum1546 said:
Naw man, I wasn't refering to SC4EVA at ALL! I was purely talking about myself. The past four years of my life has revolved around getting into law school and doing everything they tell me to do to the nth degree and to get a 151 (which I guess is definatly possible now, lol) would just kill me. I don't how I would take it, to know the past four years was basically for nothing. I could have studied something I'm interested in, like working out/fitness/physiology but instead I trugged on in the hope of going to an upper tier school.

SC4EVA, seriously I never meant to take a stab at you I was only using the number as a reference. Like you said yourself, you never applied to law school and clearly had lots of other options, this is my only option.
Honestly, a pre-law major doesn't do much as far as law school/LSAT preperation. I had friends in law school who had degrees in chemistry, engineering, business and social work;They all graduated. I have a BA in history with a specialization in military history.
 
I could have done really well on the LSAT, thinking back on it, if I just coulda done better on the logic games. I just cannot do those for some reason. Studied my ass off for them, but its just that my brain doesnt work that way.

Good luck...I'm sure you did just fine.
 
Last edited:
samoth said:
The college board dies down a lot, but the law board is really active, so I tend to gravitate over there a bit to read threads about torts and stuff.


:cow:
My GF is in her first year of law school... Torts can be interesting and all that, but I don't care about that stuff to the degree she needs to.

She did rather well academically her first semester though... which I believe deserves credit, considering she has no desire to practice law.
 
beefcake28 said:
My GF is in her first year of law school... Torts can be interesting and all that, but I don't care about that stuff to the degree she needs to.

She did rather well academically her first semester though... which I believe deserves credit, considering she has no desire to practice law.
She's cheating on you....
 
beefcake28 said:
My GF is in her first year of law school... Torts can be interesting and all that, but I don't care about that stuff to the degree she needs to.

She did rather well academically her first semester though... which I believe deserves credit, considering she has no desire to practice law.

I'll add that she got a 172 on the LSAT, btw. :)
 
beefcake28 said:
I'm not suprised... Damn lawyers will fuck people over any way they can. In this case, she is just being a product of her environment...

:lmao:
During my legal writing class the opposing sides came to an accomidation to share research. The other side gave us non Sheperdized law(bad low). Luckily my comrades were paranoid and figured it out...God I hate lawyers!
 
JavaGuru said:
During my legal writing class the opposing sides came to an accomidation to share research. The other side gave us non Sheperdized law(bad low). Luckily my comrades were paranoid and figured it out...God I hate lawyers!
I've learned to not be suprised by what lengths people will go to as far as cheating their way through school. She told me about two students who actually had the answers professionally bound into their law book for a test. It was an open book test, but the time constraints made it so that if you needed your book for anything other than a quick reference, you were doomed anyway... Unless you were just using the book to copy pre-written answers to the test, of course.

They got caught. They had actually shown another student what they did, and that student honestly told the prof what they did, but waited till after the test to do so. :rolleyes: I guess a couple other students saw them using their answers during the test as well, so the student they had actually told was just verifying what the people who witnessed the cheating saw... I can't imagine going through all the trouble to get into law school, only to have to explain to your parents (who are most likely paying for them to attend a private law school) why you got kicked out before the end of the first semester....
 
good luck bro, let us know how your score turns out.
 
Just read postings as I was away for weekend - While it doesnt really matter heres further details to clarify
Didn't take 4 years of Pre-law - Majored in Business - It was more of a quick decision. I may be wrong but I believe 151 is a descent score no? I am actually happy that I did not get into law school b/c it would have not been for me and I have enjoyed MBA school which I will hopefully complete this summer
 
call me sarge...I'm the head nigga in charge...
 
Top Bottom