Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Too Much Gym Time

Ive heard the recommendations from the pro's: no longer than 75 minutes in the gym, 3 to 4 days a week.

But Ive come to feel like I cant train every body part in that amount of time. Im a hardgainer, so doing 9 sets of bicep exercises a week gets me nowhere...Im also obsessed with forearms, because it is one of the few assets i have. Even though im skinny, i dont have the six pack im gunning for, so cardio and abs take up a decent chunk of time. Therefore, I am at the gym 5 days a week, almost 2 hours per visit....can anyone offer advice???

they are right....... the solution you are looking for is this

they are talking about 75 minutes 3-4 days a week.

that is for weights alone....... cardio and abs dont count on that time

you see

I spend 1.5 to 2 hours in the gym each time also.
The only way I could cut that would be to do a split
workout. Cardio in the morning and weights in the afternoon. I just don't have enough time to do that.

maybe try this...

Maybe try this:

5-6 days a week
60 minutes MAX in gym (the lifting part, cardio doesn't count)
and Do one or two body parts per workout.

heres my plan:

Day 1) warm up--abs--chest

Day 2) warm up--lowerback--back

Day 3) Warm up--abs--arms

Day 4) warm up--lowerback--Legs!

Day 5) warm up--abs--shoulders

Day 6) Warmup--lowerback--traps&calves

Of course right now I'm trying to squeeze shoulders/traps/and calves into one day :) or something like that :)

gym time limit

Lots of people like the gym as a social setting, and I must say, it's probably much healthier than sitting around a bar with a bunch of developing alcoholics, second-hand smoking about two packs an evening.

On the other hand, there is more to life than the gym. You don't have to do cardio and abs at the gym, get out to the park if the weathers good, it's not just good for your body, it's good for your soul.

As far as overtraining is concerned, I used to have marathon lift sessions because I always felt like I hadn't done enough. What I came to learn was the fact that I could still crank out another set meant I hadn't done enough.

Peace

Top Bottom