Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

To Cut or Bulk? or both slowly

vickrx7

Okay, So i'm 5'10 i've been bulking for the past 5 weeks on (Test/EQ) and have gone from 187 to 201lbs (10-11%bf) which i'm happy with. I'm at my desired size, just want to be a bit leaner. I've been eating at about 3200-3400 clean cals a day (lean meats, complex carbs and healthy fats). I was thinking about going right into a cut at about 2600 cals a day for the remaining 5 weeks of my cycle, which I think would put me back around 190lbs (approx 7%)? not too sure, just a guess

I'm just wondering if i put my calories at about 3000 which is close to maintenance for me, but cut carbs and only ate lean meats healthy fats and vegetables, would i be able to trim some fat and still add a little muscle. Maybe ending somewhere around 198-200lbs at 8-9%

any help would be greatly appreciated

If you want to lose fat and retain muscle try cutting calories by around 500 or so. It will be a slow process, but you will lose almost all fat with little muscle loss, but it will take time.

Also add in some walking. 45 minutes per day for a few days per week. Walking uses almost only fat for energy. Make sure to increase calories if necessary so that you don't lose muscle mass. Getting ripped takes a while so just stay dedicated.

one more question actually....
i started my new diet (cut) today and i'm doing madcow's 5x5 routine Mon Wed Fri and walking or rollerblading Tue Thur Sat. I take sundays off.
While doing the weights, in order to preserve as much muscle as possible, IFi feel like i can add more weight should I or just do the same weight every week?

isnt the point of 5x5 to add more weight every week regardless of if you think you can or not. go till you plateau deload and go again

isnt the point of 5x5 to add more weight every week regardless of if you think you can or not. go till you plateau deload and go again

could be lol, i've only bee doing the 5x5 for a couple weeks, i'm no expert in it. I haven't had the issue of not being able to lift a certain weight yet.

your supposed to add weight each week, about 2.5% or so to each lift until they plateau. take a deload week then start again a little bit below your max lifts. so your back at your max again in about 4 weeks time of addnng more weight each week. then you keep goin past that till you plateau on everything again

Top Bottom