Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

tired of being the small guy

Ill try to keep this super simple..
1 - GNC products ? thats a BIG no.
Invest in some quality whey protein and a deceng multi vitamin..

2- you are def. Not eating enough bro. General rule to gain weight is body weight x 20.. in your.case 3000 cals or so and you will def put on weight.. But to make things easier...ur diet posted is NO where enough to put on weight bro.. Add more meals to that or increase meal size...ex. Make a breakfast shake - oats, milk, whey, pb, honey, banana = GUARANTEED 1000 + CALS.
just eat bro eat.REAL foods and lift heavy ull do fine..dont get on the.gear bro..not yet that is, itll be a complete waste

3- SQUATS...BENCH....DEADLIFTS... you need compound exercises. Focus on heavy compound ex.

Sent from my SGH-I896 using EliteFitness

Ok so here is the deal if you can go to the gym twice in one day you are either very advanced or you are not pushing your self hard enough in the gym.

For guys just starting out. You need to A) incorporate more rest time and B) Eat more meals throughout the day and lastly C) Bust ass in the gym.

IF you are finding it hard to eat start mixing in more simple sugars to your diet. This increase in insulin release will keep you hungry all day long.

Next you will want to start with the basic compound lifts that will start to put large quantities of muscle onto you ie squat bench and the deadlift.

So go hit up the diet and excercise sections because that is where your help lies. Not in drug usage.

PS. Do not get discouraged at all. These are one of those things that take a very very long time. People train their whole lives to achieve the bodies that they have. You can get there too but you have to really work at it.

Yeah ur gonna have to quit smoking. The two just don't go at all.
Hit the diet forum and start reading. I eat 4x what u listed and I'm trying to lean out : ) U can't miss meals no matter what. U can't go half effort or u'll get nothing.

Sent using the elitefitness app.

Thanks guys, I'm putting a diet plan together now and mixing in some simple sugars.
I see a ton of diet plans on the forum.
Does anyone have a link to a thread that they think would be right for me?
seems like its going to take me a long time to get the calorie balance right.

It is really hard for me to eat.
When I wasn't working out, I usually ate 1-2 meals, sometimes I even forgot to eat at all.
I wake up at 4:30
at the gym by 5am for 30-60 minutes (I put in 1.5 hours a day)
I drink occasionally
I am trying to quit smoking but I am not 100% tobacco free (trust me, I know how horrible it is and how it effects test levels and muscle building)
Other than weight lifting I am not very active. I enjoy road biking but can't run too much because of bad knees.

I'm here to get it right this time.
I know you all have great information to share and I'm happy to get such quick responses.
I am open to doing things naturally, and I will keep this thread current with my progress no matter how long it takes to achieve my goal.

Ok, now we are getting some where. 1-2 meals a day? That's why you didn't gain, no where near enough calories. Even if we were to put a cycle together for you it would be a waste without enough calories. Learn to eat, start slowly increasing your calories and meal frequency. Get up to at least 6 meals a day. Protein drinks can make a meal, but try not to over do them, real food is better. Try to limit your drinking, it is like an anti vitamin, throw the smokes in the garbage and EAT! Now on to the training, bad knee's? Explain for us?

my knees are not horribly bad, but I know from experience that if I run or squat too much my knees start to hurt and will not heal for months. My doc said to cut out the running and lay off the squatting haha but it seems like I don't ever have pain from doing dead lifts or squats at the gym.. just when I do those motions repetitively

my knees are not horribly bad, but I know from experience that if I run or squat too much my knees start to hurt and will not heal for months. My doc said to cut out the running and lay off the squatting haha but it seems like I don't ever have pain from doing dead lifts or squats at the gym.. just when I do those motions repetitively

Might be your form regarding squats

Drop the booze.
Eat whole foods- beef, chicken, turkey, whole eggs, veggies, peanut butter, Greek yogurt, rice--make this 90% of your meal structure.

Also, you don't HAVE to eat 6x a day. With your schedule, if u can scarf down a lot of food in 1 sitting, that's fine. I do that and it works fine for me.
Example from yesterday:

Meal1- 10oz steak/1.5 cups Greek yogurt and 3 tbsp peanut butter

Meal 2- 6 whole eggs, veggies, 6oz fish, 2 cups rice

Meal 3- 1.25lbs turkey, veggies, spinach, cooked in olive oil

Might be your form regarding squats

Drop the booze.
Eat whole foods- beef, chicken, turkey, whole eggs, veggies, peanut butter, Greek yogurt, rice--make this 90% of your meal structure.

Also, you don't HAVE to eat 6x a day. With your schedule, if u can scarf down a lot of food in 1 sitting, that's fine. I do that and it works fine for me.
Example from yesterday:

Meal1- 10oz steak/1.5 cups Greek yogurt and 3 tbsp peanut butter

Meal 2- 6 whole eggs, veggies, 6oz fish, 2 cups rice

Meal 3- 1.25lbs turkey, veggies, spinach, cooked in olive oil

I think I could do that.
Steak for breakfast sounds awesome haha
I will post up my diet plan for a week when I complete it so you guys can look it over.

Thanks again

Ok, then get your ass on the squat rack. If you have to wrap your knees. Squats, deads, presses should be the staple of your workout plan. EAT, EAT, EAT. You want to gain, EAT! I would suggest maybe a 4 day training week, don't need 6 days, with that you are not putting maximum effort in is my guess just from reading some of your posts. When you are in the gym, train hard, don't half ass it. Then if I didn't mention it before EAT!. You should be eating right now. Why don't you post up a new meal plan and training routine and let everyone here fine tune it.

My diet before was simple I ate everything and as much as possible.. which honestly wasn't enough I'm sure.

Now this is what my meals consist of.

6:30 am
Protien shake
3 hardboiled eggs (a little stressed for time in the am)

11:00
am grilled chicken or fish salad
2 peices of whole grain toast
or sometimes I dine out.

5:00
usually some sort of pasta with either chicken or fish
or steak it varies honestly.

Just a reminder, I am here for advice.. and you all know far more than I do.

Anyone have a link to an optimal diet plan?

Steve gave you a link to a bulking diet. Go back and look at his post

Top Bottom