Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

tired of being the small guy

dt1989

Hello Gentlemen,

Let me start by saying I am fully aware I am going to get severely criticized for what I am about to say, and I am okay with that.

I have been in and out of the gym for a few years now.
I always give it 100% and I am here now because I want advice and personal help only pertaining to what I want to do, and the best way to do it from experienced people.

I'm 28 years old
5'10"
153lbs

With the build of pee wee herman.

In 2010 I got serious about the gym and my diet.
I did 6 on 1 off without missing a single day.
And I saw 0 physical changes.
I did see an increase in the amount of weight I can lift, but lets be real, who cares? I know the women in my life weren't turned on by the fact that I could bench 150 instead of 100 with the same ol' bird chest I've always had and neither was I... So I gave up the gym for about 8 months.

Now I'm back at it and quickly becoming discouraged as I know where this road leads. (for me anyways)

Here comes the bombshell... I want to get on some anabolics (I know, I know, it's okay for you but not me. I'm far too inexperienced)

After reading someones tag line on here "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"
I decided to register for this site today... I have been browsing on here for a few weeks and I see a lot of contradicting comments, suggestions, opinions, and attitudes. I've come to the conclusion that there are no definitive right answers and that's okay, like I said before I am just looking for personal advice and all of it is welcome. However I should say that I already have my mind made up and I am going for it.

Right now I'm taking a ton of crap from gnc and it's costing me about $200 a month (and I don't feel like it is worth it)
I have about 15 days worth of supplies left and after that's gone that's it.

Just for grins here is what I'm currently taking and doing:

mega men sport dietary supplement first thing in the morning (usually about 4:30 am)
test d aspartic acid 30 minutes prior to workout
cellucor c4 pre workout 15 minutes prior to gym
gym (30-60 minutes)
amplified mass xxx gainer
2 large meals throughout the rest of the day.
back at gym at 4pm (30-60 minutes)
1 large dinner
sleep by 8:30pm

any advice or direction will be greatly appreciated.
I will be reading through as many threads as possible so eventually I will stumble upon the good advice, however I thought some of you might want to help a brother out and point me in the right direction.

And here are some photos for a little bit of laughter (won't let me because I don't have 20+ post yet)

You work out for 30 to 60 min?
Wow I am in there too long.
My minimum wo 90 min

All those supps are crap, sorry bro don't mean to be harsh.
Please go to the diet section, learn macros and eating protien not drinking it.

all that GNC crap isn't gonna do anything for you.

you need WHOLE FOODS.

list what you are eating, be honest. don't bullshit me and list a diet you are on like once or twice a week because it will be easy to spot that you are BSing.. i want to know what you consistently eat. you need muscle building foods.

also working out a lot in the gym is great, but if you go there and curl 15 pound dumbells the whole time then do 25 pound butterfly's (yes i see skinny dudes do this at my gym all the time) then you aren't gonna grow. you need to LIFT BIG to get big. and you need to EAT BIG to get big

i have 2 links in my signature below.. 1 is a bulker perfect for you. get on that 7 days a week, another is a 3 day split.. get on that too .. in a year you will easily put on 25 pounds

Add 3 more meals into that and 2 more mass gainer shakes, also another hour in the gym and you will see results

You can't drink mass IMHO.
You have to eat - chicken, fish and red meat...

When u got serious before, what were u eating every day? Put...
Meal 1 breakfast: 1 pc toast, 1 cup total cereal, 1 cup skim milk
Meal 2: cup of almonds
Meal 3 lunch: hamburger and mashed potatoes
Etc.

That'll help knowing ur diet. Not exact, but make an avg guess.

Sent using the elitefitness app.

My diet before was simple I ate everything and as much as possible.. which honestly wasn't enough I'm sure.

Now this is what my meals consist of.

6:30 am
Protien shake
3 hardboiled eggs (a little stressed for time in the am)

11:00
am grilled chicken or fish salad
2 peices of whole grain toast
or sometimes I dine out.

5:00
usually some sort of pasta with either chicken or fish
or steak it varies honestly.

Just a reminder, I am here for advice.. and you all know far more than I do.

Anyone have a link to an optimal diet plan?

You are not eating enough. You need to add at LEAST 2 more meals, probably 3. When you were in the gym what kind of workouts did you do? What did they consist of. Settle down, quit being so hard on yourself and give us some info to work with. What time of the day do you train when you are? What time do you get up, what time do you go to bed? Drink? Smoke? Are you active? Some of that info will help. Some very knowledgeable people here. We nned to first get your diet in order, then your training. Just because you trained 6 days a week for a year doesn't mean you were doing it effectively to reach your goals.

You are not eating enough. You need to add at LEAST 2 more meals, probably 3. When you were in the gym what kind of workouts did you do? What did they consist of. Settle down, quit being so hard on yourself and give us some info to work with. What time of the day do you train when you are? What time do you get up, what time do you go to bed? Drink? Smoke? Are you active? Some of that info will help. Some very knowledgeable people here. We nned to first get your diet in order, then your training. Just because you trained 6 days a week for a year doesn't mean you were doing it effectively to reach your goals.

It is really hard for me to eat.
When I wasn't working out, I usually ate 1-2 meals, sometimes I even forgot to eat at all.
I wake up at 4:30
at the gym by 5am for 30-60 minutes (I put in 1.5 hours a day)
I drink occasionally
I am trying to quit smoking but I am not 100% tobacco free (trust me, I know how horrible it is and how it effects test levels and muscle building)
Other than weight lifting I am not very active. I enjoy road biking but can't run too much because of bad knees.

I'm here to get it right this time.
I know you all have great information to share and I'm happy to get such quick responses.
I am open to doing things naturally, and I will keep this thread current with my progress no matter how long it takes to achieve my goal.

Top Bottom