Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Tight tendons? Tennis elbow?

Half_Natty

I've been getting a burning pain in the middle of the inside of my left elbow whenever I'm in the gym using my biceps. I can't straighten it after my workouts for a good 15-20 minutes afterwards.
I've googled the symptoms and it sounds like tennis elbow but I couldn't find anything with the steroids involved.
I know that your tendons don't grow from the gear so you can tighten them up.
Any ideas on how to loosen them up?
I've done some foam rollering on them tonight to see if that will make a difference over the next few weeks. I'm going to drop the weights and up the volume for the time being and see if it gets any better like that.
Anyone had a similar thing or advice on how to fix this?
Thanks!

elliotthulse.com/tendonitis/

He also, in a video I watched once, talks about putting your hand in an empty bucket/protein container and rotating your hand both directions for a few minutes, I did that several times a day and after a few days it went away.
Kind of a wierd concept, but it loosened up for me.

Are you sure it isn't just sore forearms? I've noticed, whenever I go big on straight bar curls, my wrists and elbows will hurt. My wrist pain will be fine in a day or two, but by my elbows, I believe I'm just suffering from DOMS.

On the other hand, at work, if I'm jerking a wrench in a tight stud, I can feel an even deeper pain that is almost throbbing. The pain can last for weeks. That, I believe, is my Tommy John. Just food for thought.

I've been throwing nunchucks for years to help with both, or either/or, wrists or forearms, it really strengthened my wrists after a very bad broken wrist; and now because of my bad back and not being able to lift weights, the 'chucks again have strengthened my wrists, which were getting weak from not being able to work out like I did before!

There's also an Arnold trick that Frank Zane mentioned: As you do barbell curls, keep your wrists "back", do not let them come up as you come to the top of the barbell curl. It hits the bi's much more, even tho you may not be able to lift as much weight as normal.

Also, I'm sure you've all seen this scene with, especially new bodybuilders: as they come up to the top of the barbell curl, they'll go ALL the way up to their chest, taking the biceps out of the exercise, you can actually watch their biceps flatten out. After I realized this myself, my "top of the barbell curls" wasn't that high, I stopped when my bi's were at the peak of the high ridge of the bicep "dome of the muscle" if you will. I would actually watch my bicep muscle go from the elongated, stretched part of the lower exercise, until it came up and my biceps were at the peak of hardened muscle structure, and it sure motivated me as I watched my small frame got (for me) fairly big biceps!

I can do more than these 3 on throwing nunchucks, but the main 3 to help strengthen wrists and forearms, are underhanded beside the body with each arm, overhanded beside the body with each, and a figure 8 in front of the body with each, and on this one you CAN get close to your body at times, and hit your elbows for example, so take care if you take it up!

Tennis Elbow for me was ALWAYS diagnosed by the Doc as being on the outside of the arm not the inside...Not saying that it can't be on the inside, but the way he described it to me was it got its name from the "backhand" swing of a tennis player...Meaning the same as a reverse wrist curl. I do know for a fact that if you do have it, you can not do a reverse curl. You cant really lift anything with palms down.

I've had it since April in my right elbow. Been icing it and doing stretches from the internet but it's still bad. I don't do bicep curls but I do lots of weighted chin ups which were unbearable for a while. Now I just power through them as the pain has become more manageable but it still stings. When starting a flat bench barbell set in taking the bar off the supports when I bench heavier (anything over 300) hurts as well.

I spoke to my brother about it as he's the offensive coordinator for a football team at a D1 school and sees lots of injuries. He said all you can do is treat the symptoms and continue to stretch it until it feels better but for some guys it never goes away.

Tendinitis can occur anywhere there is a tendon that can get overworked.
If the pain is long term, it doesn't have to be life long. There is a great treatment called Proliferative Injection Therapy, or Prolotherapy. If your issue doesn't go away with the movements I described and continues for too long, look into this. It can be a bit expensive depending on how much your insurance will cover.

I had tendonitis really bad in right elbow .. Started off mild then within 3 weeks I couldn't even hold up a cast iron skillet without being in pain... I had active release done by a chiropractic and with two weeks off it was gone completely that was a year ago. Cost $90.

Top Bottom