Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Throwing DOM in the pec-delts debate

goahead

There seem to be an ongoing debate on how to blast pec and delts, in particular: how to split your routine so that you can make gains in both areas. The pitfall usually is that both musclegroups assist eachother and i.e:

- you cannot do heavy shoulder presses cause they're still sore from chest-day or:
- you cannot do heavy bench presses cause your delts are still sore from delts-day

For most people doing chest en delts on same day seems no valid option because they are unable to generate enough intensity in the shoulderpresses after heavy benching.....

I've tried many routines to overcome this widespread problem and it wasn't until I ran into some terrorcore bb who told me how Delayed Onset Muscle fatigue worked, that i was able to solve the equotion (for me at least):

What he said was:

- you have can have Immediate Onset Muscle fatigue in shoulders after doing many sets of benchpresses.
This subsides quickly (within 24) when the lactic acid is burnt and you replenisch carbs etc....

- Delayed Onset Muscle fatigue, this takes after your first aid replenishment, when the when the muscle decides that there is enough material to start some seriuous repair and after that supercompensation(read growth)
DOM usually peaks 48-72 hrs AFTER your workout.

* His point: Never train a particular muscle group when DOM peaks and alow 1/2 days after DOM peak for good supercompensation
* Don't train a muscle when IOM, that's why a lot of people (not all!) cannot get away with back-biceps or chest-delts on same day. Some can, in fact it has to do with amount of sets/intensity/genetics/endurance etc...

That's why this guy ACTUALLY TRAINED DELTS THE DAY BEFORE PECS! Which at first sounded really ridiculous to me (but he had the beef to back it up). Motivation:

Mon DELTS (Delts IOM after workout)

Tue (Delts no longer IOM, slight hint of DOM)
Tue PEC (Pecs IOM after workout)

Wed (Pecs no longer IOM, slight hint of DOM)
Wed (Delts DOM Peaks)

Thu (Delts supercompensating)
Thu (Pecs DOM peaks)

Fri DELTS
Fri (Pecs supercompensating)

Sat PECS

As you can see his routine works out beautifully.
Now DOM and IOM can vary per person and a person can have different IOM/DOM for certain musclegroups.

FIND you DOM/IOM's and build build build your routine around that.

:)

Immediate onset muscular fatigue?

There are seveal ways in which lactae is removed from the muscles. It is lost in the sweat and urine, converted to glycogen in the liver and in the muscles and most impotrantly its aerobic oxidation to carbon dioxide and water, hence a warm down.
The amount of lactate is halve every 15 mins until it returns to normal.

Top Bottom