Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

This brown rice sucks.

Rampaage

Can't stand the taste of this brown rice I'm eating! What are some ways to make it more flavorful and all around enjoyable?

I like basmati brown rice. They are long grains and soft. Remember that it takes much longer to cook brown rice compared to white rice.

Could add some low sodium soy sauce (sparingly) to flavor it up. Perhaps even some fat free cream cheese or fat free sour cream depending on what you're eating the rice with. Sometimes even a fat free/low fat salad dressing or feta cheese. Plenty of options.

Sriracha hot chili sauce. Not sure of the nutrition of it, but I am addicted to it so don't care :)

Sent from my DROID3 using EliteFitness

Cook the rice in chicken or veggie stock with herbs or something.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using EliteFitness

I prefer a brown rice/wild rice mix. Cooking it with broth instead of water is also a great suggestion. I also add a touch of olive or coconut oil to the broth before cooking, and try a proper rice cooker instead of stovetop. Easier to get it perfectly cooked that way. I didn't like brown rice either until I did all of the above. Now I love it!

tha fat free cream cheese is prolly awesome.
I was gonna say add reduced or fat free parmesan. Parm does wonders to veggies, rice, potatoes.

Sent from my htc t-bolt using the elitefitness app.

Top Bottom