Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Use Of Creatine

From my understanding....

.... during anaerobic exercise, energy is derived from the hydrolysis of ATP to ADP+P.... in other words, a chemical reaction takes place which converts adenosine-triphosphate into adenosine-diphosphae and phosphate (seperates adenosine and THREE phosphate molecules, into adenosine and TWO phosphate molecules.... plus the third phosphate molecule by itself)....

.... creatine monohydrate, either rejoins that single phosphate molecule or adds another one (can't remember exactly)....

.... either way, in practical terms it allows your body to recycle ATP which is your muscles' energy during anaerobic exercise such as intense weight-lifting. Which means you can hold off the feeling of fatigue for longer, and slow the build-up of lactic acid.

That's ONE function. There's also other things like increasing the size of muscle cells by hydrating them.... or something.

I don't know a whole lot about it.... but basically it allows you to lift more before you feel fatigued or reach muscle failure.

Creatine absorbs more water to the muscle. The more water in the muscle, the more stress on the muscle, the more stress on the muscle, the more growth!
You won't necessarily lose all of your gains when you go off of creatine but you will lose some.
If you are cramping really bad, you may not be drinking enough water. You've got to drink a lot of water when you're on creatine because it really does rely on water to work. To the guys that are getting cramps, how much water do you drink a day? I mean just plain water, not coffee, juice, tea etc.

I take it now just for maintenance... 5g a day. I use to take about 7g a day and i stopped for one day.,... BAD move. I lost all gains almost instantly. :(

Your body naturally gets creatine from meat, but you'd need to eat around 2 to 2.2 lbs of steak to get 5 grams of creatine ( I believe these figures are correct)

Daniel discribed it pretty good, its a natural way to replenish the amount of ATP in your body. ATP is vital for all skeletal muscle contractions, and pretty much all biological functioning. Your body is always making it and using it, but supplementing with creatine is a way to increase your body's ability to replenish it for short periods of time.

It also increases the uptake of water into cells, which can lead to cramping if you dont take in enough fluids (I have never had this problem though). A side note of this is it gives the muscles more mass, so they have more leverage and cross-section. This allows them to damage themselves worse.

and now, the fire alarm is going off, so I better get the FUCK out!!!!!
:eek:

Creatine is great the first few times around, but after a while, for me anyways, it seems like its REALLY inneffective. The only thing I've noticed since taking it again this time around is a massively cramped hamstring while driving the other day.. lol...
The first time I took it, all my weights shot up REALLY fast... but then again, I was only 17 or 18. I got a nice stretch mark from it in round 1.
Round 2 was a couple years ago and I dont think it did Jack shit.
Round 3 was in August of this year.. between the creatine and eating like a pig, I gained 22 lbs in less than 2 months.
I started Round 4 in December... I honestly don't think its done much... My weight has gone up a bit.. but i think its more from increases food intake...

I never noticed my strength go down ever when I went off..... As long as I ate a TON...

I usually cycle it along with 1ad, I go 8-10 of creatine. This last "cycle" I gained 14 lbs, kept 10 lbs of lean mass. I was quite pleased.

Fyre said:
Creatine absorbs more water to the muscle. The more water in the muscle, the more stress on the muscle, the more stress on the muscle, the more growth!
You won't necessarily lose all of your gains when you go off of creatine but you will lose some.
If you are cramping really bad, you may not be drinking enough water. You've got to drink a lot of water when you're on creatine because it really does rely on water to work. To the guys that are getting cramps, how much water do you drink a day? I mean just plain water, not coffee, juice, tea etc.

can you please explain the "the more stress on the muscle the more growth"

that doesnt make any sence at all to me....how can water in a muscle stress a muscle in such a way thay it increases hypertrophy? I can understand how it can help the repair process.....

as for water consumption, i have experimented with different water intakes.

from 1 litre to 2 litres and even 3 litres changing the times i drink as well (large doses vs split doses)..........no mater what i would get cramps

louden_swain said:
I hear that people report increased muscle pulls when on this stuff. Has this happened to anyone?

I have had no problems with cramps or muscle pulls. I have had a cramp or two actually as far as I remember but I was dehydrated at the time. As long as a drink a lot of water I am fine. I also personally do not cycle. I have been on it for a while. I see no reason to and I do not like the strength and endurance loss.

Top Bottom