Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

the thought of suicide....

SSRIs are antidepressants ... if ur depression is not improving then maybe u should go check out a doctor ... a lot of people start to feel better when they take them

I for one, do not feel suicide is ALWAYS selfish. I was thinking to myself today that if by some tragedy my best friend lost his wife and soon-to-be baby, and told me he was going to kill himself, I would tell him that I understood. I know that is the first thing I'd say. I'd miss him terribly but to tell him suicide would be foolish would be lying in my opinion. I would support whatever decision he made. Of course I would tell him I'd miss him terribly and everything, but I'm sure I'd be doing the same thing as he would be in that case. Not that will ever happen I hope. Knock on wood.

^^^
god no ... that's probably the worst advice you can give someone ... you should try to encourage him and make him feel better ... that his wife dying is not the end of the world ... he can always take his life and once he does that then there's no turning back ... so as a friend u should prolly encourage him to try all other possible options available before taking his life

Nathan said:
I for one, do not feel suicide is ALWAYS selfish. I was thinking to myself today that if by some tragedy my best friend lost his wife and soon-to-be baby, and told me he was going to kill himself, I would tell him that I understood. I know that is the first thing I'd say. I'd miss him terribly but to tell him suicide would be foolish would be lying in my opinion. I would support whatever decision he made. Of course I would tell him I'd miss him terribly and everything, but I'm sure I'd be doing the same thing as he would be in that case. Not that will ever happen I hope. Knock on wood.

i have to agree, there are always exceptions... of course..

actually to be honest i do agree with nathan on this one, i dont think life is worth living when all that is loved is gone...i for one could not handle such pain...

naturally anabolic said:
actually to be honest i do agree with nathan on this one, i dont think life is worth living when all that is loved is gone...i for one could not handle such pain...

how do u know that life isnt worth living once your loved one is gone??? have you tried it? what about your other relatives ... how would they feel if they were to lose you ...

BIG_I_69 said:
^^^
god no ... that's probably the worst advice you can give someone ... you should try to encourage him and make him feel better ... that his wife dying is not the end of the world ... he can always take his life and once he does that then there's no turning back ... so as a friend u should prolly encourage him to try all other possible options available before taking his life

Why be so blatantly stubborn? It's a cost/benefit analysis basically like I said. When you've lost, you've lost. It is a very personal thing to lose those that you love. Some people get more attached than others and perhaps you are simply one of those people who do not get so attached to those they love. In my friend's case, I would not be surprised if he were that attached. I have never been that attached to anyone as of yet, but I'm young and could see myself making such relationships down the road. It has been proven that in species that invest more time and care and energy in raising their offspring there is a FAR greater amount of mourning that occurs when a baby is lost, as opposed to species like fish that tend to have huge numbers of offspring at a time. The same is true of loved ones. For many humans, they invest everything they have into their families and upon losing that there is really, honestly, little left in them to give.

big_1_69, i do not love or care for my parents any longer and we do nothing but fight constantly, and over this past year i lost the relative closest to me....my older brother, the pain even to this day is fucking unbearable, so please feel free to peddle your optimistic bullshit attitude elsewhere

i agree with what your saying ... but i think suicide should be used only as the last possible option ... its hard not to give into the impulse and just kill yourself when your griefing and depressed ... but all im saying is that you should at least try other options and if that doesnt work out then yeah take your own life ...

naturally anabolic said:

so there will be nothing else to love in the future? there have been times in my life when i thought all that i loved was gone... i mean shit man... i am an only child, i lost 3 grandparents before the age of 4 and one when i was 16. I lost my father at age 21, i lost my mother at age 29... i am alone in the world when it comes to family minus a few stragglers here and there that i am not very close with...
in the not so distance past i was convinced that suicide was the only way out... no more pain... and not many people to miss me... perfect time to do it... i'm still here is all i am saying... peopel who try and commit suicide do not want to die they want change (yes there are exceptions but not many)... i mean fuck people just want to be happy and there are times in life when you just aren't gonna be that fucking happy... doesn't mean it will always be like that...
I know what you are saying as i am known as mr sunshine to most people on the boards because of my less than inspiring threads that i sometimes post... but if you want help you will get help and until you do then it's not gonna magically fix itself. (not you or anyone in particular, just saying "you" as in generally speaking about people)

Top Bottom