Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

the thought of suicide....

Nathan said:
I think for many it is a cost/benefit analysis. In all likelyhood, death is THE end, and in said instance one would lose everything they worked for, including all memories. In time, every trace of one's existence will be erased whether it takes 100 years or 1 million years. So, whether you live 20 years or 100 years really makes no difference since it all amounts to the same thing in the end. Thus, if one is unhappy more than they are happy than I feel suicide is an intelligent option. Ultimately none of it matters anyways. I think it all comes down to the "meaning of life". In the event that there is no real meaning to life, which is not only possible but likely, then everything becomes trivial and obsolete.

Nathan, that is the best thing I have ever heard you say. I agree 100%.

Drunken_Weasel said:

For one.. your talking of destiny.. something else I don't beleive.. and me having a future wife? :lmao: thats some funny shit...
I am already feeling better.. but truthfully.. I think I can become happier.. but my view still stay the same

What is causing me to think this way? My childhood events.. I know this for a fact.. I used to be religious as a kid, and was strewn away by the events of my childhood..

and btw.. I know its only a 2 year diffrence.. but I am infact 18.. not 16.

Listen... if you fuck up my genetic legacy... I'll kill you! :)

18... 16... I knew 2 more years of High school at that point, nothing else.

I do'nt mean to be condesending... but You do have alot to learn... Hell, I have alot to learn... I've heard that what one knows in their late 20's is multiplied by 100 in their 30's... Just think about all there is to know...

You must overcome those events... I for one believe in God... I think it helps me... but I will not force this on anyone.

C-ditty

well i can give personal exprience for this, when i was sixteen i was suicidal, i admit i am severely bipolar and at the time extremely overweight, but i played sports and was good but i could never be popular because i didnt fit the description of a jock, i had 3 friends during highschool, i talked maybe 2 sentence total a month, did well in school, but i wasnt happy i felt that if this is the way life is going to be in a social environment then i was not someone who should exist in it because it was evident i was the outside not everyone else. I became more alienated over that year, more withdrawn from reality, ended up in a psychiatric ward for 2 weeks for an evaluation and was placed on suicide watch.

The reason teens feel they need to do this is usually 1 of 3 things 1) not feeling accepted 2) cant come to a conclusion for a problem they are facing which may not be lifethreatening 3) Torture or torment by peers, parents, adults, coaches...words can hurt more then any fist sometimes.

its just that the person doesn't see any other way to escape their emotional (or physical) pain and have to resort to suicide ... i mean if there was another viable alternative to ease their pain no one would prefer taking their life over it

Citruscide said:

Listen... if you fuck up my genetic legacy... I'll kill you! :)

18... 16... I knew 2 more years of High school at that point, nothing else.

I do'nt mean to be condesending... but You do have alot to learn... Hell, I have alot to learn... I've heard that what one knows in their late 20's is multiplied by 100 in their 30's... Just think about all there is to know...

You must overcome those events... I for one believe in God... I think it helps me... but I will not force this on anyone.

C-ditty

I know that If I were to have faith, I would be better off.. but no matter hard I try.. even after my grandmother's death... I can't beleive.. My whole family beleives'... I just .. can't. I know that I will learn much more if I continue on... and probobly will end up continuing on... but It's horrible to feel so bad.. Even worse than in highschool/middle school. I had a constant depression for those 7 years or so.. and only started thinking diffrently in the later half of my senior year.. And even though I have made alot of progress as far as physically and mentally.. My depression when it does fall on me, is far worse than it ever was during those 7 years.. I see myself worse..

MP5 said:
No one that ever wanted to trully die failed at suicide. Very easy to kill yourself. Sometimes people just get really depressed. I know when i was sick for 6 months and then blew my back out to top it off i was pretty depressed. Did not want to kill myself, but i sure wouldn't have cared if it was my time to die. It really sucked.

My torn a/c was probably one of if not the worst experiences of my life ever....for a bodybuilder especialy it is cruel

Drunken_Weasel said:

Nathan, that is the best thing I have ever heard you say. I agree 100%.

Thanks...I think. So are you saying that everything else I post is retarded?

C-Ditty: I think the important thing to remember about God's existence is that people can only "believe" in it and nothing more. A belief implies a guess, or an educated guess at best. The crucial aspect to consider is a person's motivation to make that "guess". I would say that in the case of God or Heaven, the motivation is clearly fear. Ther is nothing wrong with that and a person should do whatever they damn well please. I, however, would rather not "believe" in anything. Rather, I would like to admit that I simply do not know what death holds. At best, I can assume that is akin to our existence before birth - of which we have no memory and essentially resembles nothing. Thus, I imagine death is basically a whole lot of "nothingness", void of emotion, memories and everything in between.

BIG_I_69 said:

are u taking any SSRIs?

Since I don't know what that is, probobly not.

My mom has never noticed my problems.. just tonight I was depressed.. and she could tell.. but instead of helping.. she said I needed to stay off the drugs.. (she thinks im a total druggy). Gotta love it.. This mental change I am trying to make is very hard when my own mother doesnt even care.

this topic is very personal to me, because i've lost 3 grandparents to suicide, and several friends/acquaintences

I can say FROM EXPERIENCE that suicide is very very selfish. i myself have contemplated it many times, never tried to go throgh with it, but if i was sick enough to want to end my life, it would end. no bullshit give me attention, i would end it and thats that.

back to what i was saying, i understand certain reasons for contemplating suicide, but that is NO EXCUSE for the aftermath

what, you feel better because you are dead -regardless of what you believe is in the afterlife, or lack thereof - but what about the people you leave behind? where your troubles end, theirs begin. you ar dead, no more emotiona problems to worry yourself ovder, but they are left with the grief YOU LEFT BEHIND. how fair is that?

i could go on and on about thtis, but i stop now... the idea of suicide just realy pisses me off, thats all i have to say in summary.

Top Bottom