Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The synthesis of testosterone from dhea on your kitchen counter

yes you can use the anhydride and that is in fact the premier way to go, but i triple do dare you to order propanoyl anhydride in the united states, even acetic anhydride is hot. If you go with the carboxylic acid it works but is longer reaction, plus you can form the acyl chloride from the acid which in pyridine is in my opinion just as good as the anhydride

Yeah I was thinking the acyl chloride should work as well...and in pyridine you get the pyridine HCl instead of having to worry about generating HCl gas.
Haha I love your posts dude.
And yeah...definitely do NOT try to order acetic anhydride....used in the manufacture of heroin, and even small amounts are reportable.

I'm glad you brought up the thing about my comment on using a carboxylic acid to form an ester. \this is really an equilibrium reaction and the products are only slightly favoured so a huge excess of an expensive and dangerous to obtain material like propionic acid would need to be employed and still you would get lots of unreacted material that has really only some type of preparative chromatography as a means of separation being that the solubilities are the same.
Propionic calcium salt is available easily on ebay, this can be acidified and distilled at low temp, then chlorinated with Nchlorosuccinamide or chlorine gas or thionyl chloride etc.. its a bit of work but done in decent amount you only do it once.
still it makes more sense to use acetyl chloride, it would form test acetate, themost expensive of the test esters. for what reason i have no clue. vinegar flavoured testosterone.

Yeah I was thinking the acyl chloride should work as well...and in pyridine you get the pyridine HCl instead of having to worry about generating HCl gas.
Haha I love your posts dude.
And yeah...definitely do NOT try to order acetic anhydride....used in the manufacture of heroin, and even small amounts are reportable.

Thank you for an interesting post!

I have i few questions...
1. How to buy DHEA in Canada? ( It is controlled here, right?)
2. Do you know any synthesis of oxandrolone from DHEa or any over precursor, thich is not a controlled substance?

Bremac,
Great Post! We need more information like this available to all - knowledge is power!

How about using potassium permanganate for the oxidation reagent?

Please send me a pm with your contact info.

P.S. Sodium Borohydride and acetic anhydride along with many common reducing reagents are on the DEA watch list due to potential for use in METH manufacture.

Ok, I was wondering if the acetic acid is to esterfy the test? This would be for test-acetate then? If so would you also be able to esterfy into a different test from switching the chems?

I know this post is old but I was curious if anyone knows if the first part of this reaction gives off any toxic gas or bad smells? I would be worried about doing it in my kitchen...

I am also curious about the risks. Sodium borohydride is dangerous right? Is there any risk of causing an explosion with it? For example, what happens if it goes over 40 degrees by mistake?

Would we ever be able to use our coffee machines again after the milk frother has been dipped in chemicals?

Does anyone have an understanding of the second part of the reaction? Manganese dioxide is easy enough to buy but I don't want to be making nitric acid in my kitchen. How does the other way of activating it work? The author mentions another reaction with easier to find ingredients like benzene, but no detailed instructions.

I am asking out of curiosity only of course. My test is prescribed legally. I am just curious to know how easy and cheap it is to make.

How does this differ if you wanted to make a different steroid? Are we talking another step, or a slightly different 2nd step?

Does 5 androstenediol have any value if you don't want to do the second step? I know people used to sell it as a supplement before the government went crazy. If it works like an anabolic steroid then the first step seems easy, quick and not beyond the skill and patience of non-chemist. Stirring anything for six hours seems like too much without a machine to do it for you. I guess a cheap kitchen mixer would work...

Hello I'm a new member and I also love chemistry.:)Dude I'm not a cop or anything, but for you to have came out with this you must really be awesome and adaptive, but there is stuff missing please if you're ever able to redo the experimentation with more details on how its done, what is used and if you could record a video of the process from scratch and sent it to my personal email [email protected] I would really love it. I wont mass produce the stuff its just for the science of it I'm a chemistry student and I also participate in home made experiments for my university. Every time I make my little experiments I like recording the stuff just like Nerd Rage. I've wanted to do this type of lab for about a year. but before I start buying and synthesizing for example pure nitric acid.
Its just for the science not to be abused. I know aim asking a lot because we don't know each other. But I'm asking man to man. philosopher to philosopher. Thank you for youre time and sorry for writing so much hahahahahahaha:):)

Top Bottom