Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The strongest man ever ?

b fold the truth said:
I'm noticing that your info says that you are from Canada so your English may be a little different from ours. I do believe that the deadlift comment he put up was in line with my post...which was directed to another use speaking of the amazing silver dollar deadlift that Kaz did back in the day (which has been recently smashed by several amateurs).

Keyboard bandit...

...pot...kettle...

The thing that EVERYONE keeps forgetting is yes: there was a person with stronger shoulders, a person with a bigger deadlift, a bigger squat, a stronger grip etc... BUT NEVER HAS THERE BEEN A TOTAL PACKAGE OF THAT MAGNITUDE IN ONE PERSON.

Yes, there are people who deadlift more. But there is a reason that they are amateurs, they can't do the rest. Point out a single person that is better not the combination of 30 strongmen's best lifts.

Throw2Far said:
The thing that EVERYONE keeps forgetting is yes: there was a person with stronger shoulders, a person with a bigger deadlift, a bigger squat, a stronger grip etc... BUT NEVER HAS THERE BEEN A TOTAL PACKAGE OF THAT MAGNITUDE IN ONE PERSON.

Yes, there are people who deadlift more. But there is a reason that they are amateurs, they can't do the rest. Point out a single person that is better not the combination of 30 strongmen's best lifts.

You doubted that Mariuz could pull 1055 Silver Dollar style and I simply pointed out that it was done by Am's...much less Pro's. There were Pro's who broke past that not long ago and they aren't on the same level as Mariuz.

Mariuz is a much better total package in one person.

Consider that Kaz did a log press of 374 I think that it was. Mariuz did a JOKINGLY 385 on several different occasions at many different contests this year. Zavickas has done 440 and said that he had done 460 in training and plans to hit it this Summer at an IFSA show. Zadrunus pulled 705 x 10 at the IFSA worlds this year and has competed againt the best group of strongmen in the wold 15 times in 2005 and won every show.

Who is better than Kaz?
Svend
Mariuz
Savickas
and an absolute load of guys these days.

Kaz was impressive FOR HIS TIME. His best performance even at his prime would not have hung with the IFSA guys of today.

Ohh...and Strongman is about the Strongman Events...not the squat, deadlift, and bench press.

Bro are you serious? ? Comparing one muscle and saying that he is a much better total package?

Just because he dissed you one time can't possibly make you believe that a 705x10 is better than 887 deadlift... Zavickas>Kaz, thats laughable... I can see how you jump on the fan favorite of the day's bandwagon(Maruisz) but to put Svend, and Svickas in the same league as Kazmaier is just plain bitterness.

Btw last I checked Squat and Deadlift were Strongman events... and Yes Kazmaier was much more dominant in both the Squat and Deadlift than any of the people that you have mentioned. (Not to even mention Benchpress which should be incorporated into a STRONGMAN COMPETITION, he blows them away).

Kaz was the best for his time? Wow that takes a seriously short memory... I know they don't show the old ones that often but weight is weight, 25 years ago or not. The only reason I refer to the Squat, Deadlift and Benchpress so often is that the strongman events have changed throughout the years so the best ways to gauge it are the consistent events: Squat, Deadlift, Overhead lifts, Grip events, Walking with weight, etc... The only truly quantifiably comparible events being the Squat, Deadlift and possibly Loglift.

PS The reason Kaz's Dollar lift was so impressive is that he DID IT TWICE, AND WITH EASE! He looked as though he could have banged out ten when he looked into the camera as though he was staring into your soul, invoking fear into the hearts of all competitors.

Not really, its an argument as to who is the strongest ever and the top 2 contenders are Kaz and Mariusz.

I vote for Kazmaier.

Throw2Far said:
Bro are you serious? ? Comparing one muscle and saying that he is a much better total package?

Just because he dissed you one time can't possibly make you believe that a 705x10 is better than 887 deadlift... Zavickas>Kaz, thats laughable... I can see how you jump on the fan favorite of the day's bandwagon(Maruisz) but to put Svend, and Svickas in the same league as Kazmaier is just plain bitterness.

Btw last I checked Squat and Deadlift were Strongman events... and Yes Kazmaier was much more dominant in both the Squat and Deadlift than any of the people that you have mentioned. (Not to even mention Benchpress which should be incorporated into a STRONGMAN COMPETITION, he blows them away).

Kaz was the best for his time? Wow that takes a seriously short memory... I know they don't show the old ones that often but weight is weight, 25 years ago or not. The only reason I refer to the Squat, Deadlift and Benchpress so often is that the strongman events have changed throughout the years so the best ways to gauge it are the consistent events: Squat, Deadlift, Overhead lifts, Grip events, Walking with weight, etc... The only truly quantifiably comparible events being the Squat, Deadlift and possibly Loglift.

Ahhh...now I see. You have such little knowledge of Strongman that it is actually laughable.

I have EVER WSM EVER on video and nearly every contest possible on video or DVD. Even contests from Iran.

I don't guess that you have recently seen the video of Svend deadlifting over 800 for reps huh?

You put down those guys pulling 705 x 10 at the WORLDS as about a 10th+ event in several days. You have no clue...obviously.

Fan favorite? You ARE laughable. Just FYI...but I am an IFSA membership card holder, and IFSA athlete, and run Strongman in this country (with IFSA). I spent the entire weekend with the BIG GUYS at IFSA a couple weekends ago and just ask them who is the best ever. You will hear two names...Mariuz and Savickas. You will also hear lots of mentions of other athletes of the past (Magnuss S, Magnuss Ver, Joko Ahola, Kiri, Jon Pal, Jaimee, etc...)

Kaz and his silver dollar deadlift...wow. Give me a few days and I'll post up Willie Wessels pulling 1k x 2 as a 5th event and a 12 hour contest. Ohh...he won the other 4 at that NATIONALS also...wait...and he was under 225 pounds!!!

Benchpress in Strongman...wait...sorry. I just realized 2 things.
1) You can't argue with ignorance.
2) You are a troll...and a funny one at that.

Why keep pointing out singular people with a ONE LIFT BETTER THANK KAZ'S?

Try pointing out a complete package backed up with an argument not "well I know a guy who deadlifts a lot and weighs 225" or "I have an IFSA card". Do you honestly believe that Willie Wessels is the strongest man ever? Then don't mention his name. Name THE BEST COMPETITOR and then compare strength levels... its not that hard... especially for a guy who owns 200+ hours of Strongman Tape.

Looking back I find it amusing that this turned from who is the strongest person ever to who is the best strongman. Maybe this thread should either be brought back on track or locked/deleted as it is becoming a flame war.

Cheers,
Scotsman

steelmass said:
Why keep pointing out singular people with a ONE LIFT BETTER THANK KAZ'S?

Try pointing out a complete package backed up with an argument not "well I know a guy who deadlifts a lot and weighs 225" or "I have an IFSA card". Do you honestly believe that Willie Wessels is the strongest man ever? Then don't mention his name. Name THE BEST COMPETITOR and then compare strength levels... its not that hard... especially for a guy who owns 200+ hours of Strongman Tape.

Ok...easy:

Svend vs Kaz:

Log Press: Svend (418) Kaz (364)
Deadlift: Both used different set ups but...
Svend (800 x 4 belt only) Kaz (887 I think it was)...close at least
Farmers Walk: Svend will roll with the 385's all day, Kaz struggled with 286's
Super Yoke: Svend had the WR...that is hard to contest
Atlas Stones: Svend had the WR...also loaded a 397 x 5 in a row, easily
Kaz did load a 330 (cheated, hence the KAZ Rule on stones)
Tire Flip: Again, Svend had the WR...hard to contest
Squat lift: Svend has dominated that lift in the past few years, but no implement like this is the same.
Partial Deadlift: hardly ever done anymore.
Axle Clean and Press: Again, Svend was a WR holder.

Now...lets think that Savickas has broken quite a few of Svend's records recently.

Well...that is the base of Strongman events right there and Svend sure had the edge.

My point with Willie...is that Kaz's partial deadlift wasn't all that crazy by today's standards.

My point about being an IFSA Pro and country Rep for IFSA and working WITH the IFSA guys is this...

Kaz competed with IFSA. The BEST people in the world compete with IFSA. IFSA has run the World's Strongest Man till 2005. I'm not an average joe and I have a pretty decent background in Strongman. I'm not just a guy who watches the WSM Marathon once a year when they show it on ESPN, ESPN, OLN, EuroSport, EuroSport2, etc... I study the sport like you cannot understand.

Top Bottom