Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The strongest man ever ?

kaz - what were the lifts from this 2300-2400 raw total? imreading this thread an seeing 1200 raw squat, 150lb dumbbells for 31 on seated shoulder etc how are these at all possible? 1200 would be a world record still today an ive never heard of that, an if he could do 150 bells for 31 reps strict he could probably push press 700lbs (unless he never did low reps which was not the case), an yet in the one contest i have seen him in, he failed a 300 something lb log...???

id say the strongest man ever is mark henry

henry has done 935 dead, 1000lb raw squat, 500lb clean an jerk + the inch bell, an he won the arnold with just a couple months training! hes one of a kind - i feel he could still today destroy anybody in the strength world if he wanted to

2kong2 said:
kaz - what were the lifts from this 2300-2400 raw total? imreading this thread an seeing 1200 raw squat, 150lb dumbbells for 31 on seated shoulder etc how are these at all possible? 1200 would be a world record still today an ive never heard of that, an if he could do 150 bells for 31 reps strict he could probably push press 700lbs (unless he never did low reps which was not the case), an yet in the one contest i have seen him in, he failed a 300 something lb log...???

id say the strongest man ever is mark henry

henry has done 935 dead, 1000lb raw squat, 500lb clean an jerk + the inch bell, an he won the arnold with just a couple months training! hes one of a kind - i feel he could still today destroy anybody in the strength world if he wanted to

Kaz did 887 dead, 661 bench, 877 squat ALL RAW!

Combine that with what he has accomplished in WSM and its not even close. Mariusz is weaker, the numbers show it.. Henry DIDN'T squat 1000 lbs. He did 933 suited so you can't even compare. Paul Anderson? Please.. no ill-will but the man was caught using fake weights multiple times so his "feats of strength" don't really hold water unless they were in a contest.. Z? compare totals in PL.. MVM? again..

That is simply my argument (and opinion) which is founded on the combination of strongman and powerlifting.

Regardless, the afforementioned are all legends of strength and truly worthy of the respect their names command.

Mariusz is still under 30 yrs old and getting bigger. I remember when he started he looked so small at 245-255 and still won several yrs ago. In 2007, he weighed in at 305 and is still lean and fast. His lifts will come up and he will continue to dominate.

artificialaspirations said:
Mariusz is still under 30 yrs old and getting bigger. I remember when he started he looked so small at 245-255 and still won several yrs ago. In 2007, he weighed in at 305 and is still lean and fast. His lifts will come up and he will continue to dominate.

He was 275 when he won his first WSM and 320 when he finished 6th at the Arnold Classic in 2005.

Cheers,
Scotsman

I stand corrected, must have seen him in the priliminaries when he was so small. It was remarkable how much smaller he looked than all the others.

I saw him at 320 and he didn't look as healthy as WSM 2007.

artificialaspirations said:
I stand corrected, must have seen him in the priliminaries when he was so small. It was remarkable how much smaller he looked than all the others.

I saw him at 320 and he didn't look as healthy as WSM 2007.

Yeah I was at the 05 Arnold and he didn't look to great, very bloated.

Cheers,
Scotsman

I'm always of the opinion that the best of any sport compete today (or at the time the question is asked). That's probably a debate for a whole other thread but thats the only reason Kaz wouldn't get my vote. If the question was who is the most dominating strongman of their time, he would.

What are peoples thoughts on Mikhail Koklyaev, he's my personal fav, anyhow.

drm said:
I'm always of the opinion that the best of any sport compete today (or at the time the question is asked). That's probably a debate for a whole other thread but thats the only reason Kaz wouldn't get my vote. If the question was who is the most dominating strongman of their time, he would.

What are peoples thoughts on Mikhail Koklyaev, he's my personal fav, anyhow.

Koklyaev is good definitely needs to work on some of the more power events if he wants to really compete with Savickas and Varistyuk.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Top Bottom