Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The power matrix workout routine

volante101

I seen this work out plan is based on Lifting at or above 90% of your 1RM . Isn't tha too much? has anyone done it here?

Lifting at close to your one rep max is great for powerlifting and strength gains but it won't do much for building muscle and stimulating hypertrophy.

When you train in the rep range of 1-3, you are primarily training your central nervous system. You aren't using enough repetitions and time under tension to fully stimulate the muscle for hypertrophy.

If your goal is to get stronger, it's a great workout plan. If you want to build muscle, you want to train in the rep range of 5-15.

I post my daily workouts in this thread here: https://www.elitefitness.com/forum/anabolic-steroids/muskate-s-daily-workouts-log-1486295.html

You can use it as a template for your own workouts.

Im no expert in powerlifting, but if you do 90%+ every week, the CNS is just going to be wrecked pretty fast

Im no expert in powerlifting, but if you do 90%+ every week, the CNS is just going to be wrecked pretty fast

not only that but you also will wreck your soft tissues in the process

powerlifting is about building consistency. i am not sure why guys think they can walk into the gym.. do 1-3 rep sets with bad form and have it be the most effective

great powerlifters do 5-6 reps at a lower weight and build CONSISTENCY, and gradually go higher. on a day when they want to test themselves they will hit 2-3 rep max for their last set.

This might in theory be good for powerlifters searching maximum strength, but if you want to see muscle growth, then you would definitely need to do more reps. Also, I got to agree with @stevesmi - so few reps under so much pressure won't allow you to develop proper form and consistency, which is not good neither for your results, nor for your health, since it is a very good way of getting an injury.

Top Bottom