Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

the pill or not?

A really good new one is supposed to be Yasmin or Yasmine.
It has less side effects, (supposedly) including less water retention.
It's not available in Canada yet, but I'm eagerly waiting!

glutealina said:
I am in a show in 8 weeks. Should I be getting off the pill?

Um - if you're not having sex, then yea - get off the pill. BUT - if you're sexually active NO SHOW is worth the risk of having an unexpected pregnancy !! I have two daughters......btw - so just be smart! :smash:

Gladiola said:

20 micrograms of estrogen.

Mircette & Allesse are both this dosage - & they are the lowest dosage available.

I'm fairly certain ortho-tricyclen is 30 Micrograms, & the ones that are the highest have 35.

im having no problems with alesse right now.....and im cutting up good....i went on 2 months ago again

So TV--you havent really noticed any weight gain or water retention or anything like that? If you had any acne or anything before, has it cleared your skin up at all?

Also, I heard that if you skip the last week of placebo pills and go straight into the next pack, you won't get periods at all...is this true and if so is it a good idea? Just wondering...

Re: Re: the pill or not?

JLo said:

Um - if you're not having sex, then yea - get off the pill. BUT - if you're sexually active NO SHOW is worth the risk of having an unexpected pregnancy !!

What's wrong with condoms???

Yes the sex is not as pleasurable for some, but come on, it's still an option. A good option!

Condoms suck....but you should definately always use them no matter what, even if you are on the pill, unless you are in a serious relationship and you know you're both clean....then it's sooooo awesome not having to use them....just my opinion though.

PowerPuffGirl said:
Condoms suck....but you should definately always use them no matter what, even if you are on the pill, unless you are in a serious relationship and you know you're both clean....then it's sooooo awesome not having to use them....just my opinion though.

I absolutely agree!!!

You said 20 micrograms. Now, I am confused because my pilss are .15mg. I am assuming that is milligrams? So if you convert that into micrograms would that be 150 micrograms according to a chart I have. That can't be, can it?

BTW, mine are Ortho-cept.

brwnidgrl said:
You said 20 micrograms. Now, I am confused because my pilss are .15mg. I am assuming that is milligrams? So if you convert that into micrograms would that be 150 micrograms according to a chart I have. That can't be, can it?

BTW, mine are Ortho-cept.

:confused: I have no idea!

As for condoms... yes, they do kinda suck, but they are the second best option after pills (for those of us in a monogamous relationship) & actually the BEST option for those of us that can't remember to take the pill at the SAME TIME EVERY day (that is, if you don't want to consider an IUD).

They really are very effective if used properly & not that bad once you get used to it. Definitely BETTER than the pill if it's giving you problems.... just a trade off.

Here's a quick snip from a review on causes and treatments for hirsutism (facial hair) in women. I think it should be clear that birth control pills have no place in the medicine cabinet of a serious bodybuilder!

" Oral contraceptives are a safe, therapeutic modality commonly
used in women with androgen-mediated disorders including
hirsutism, acne, and androgenetic alopecia. The combination
(estrogen and progestin) oral contraceptives on the market today
have the net effect of being ANTIANDROGENIC. The estrogen
reduces ovarian androgen production by gonadotropin
suppression and decreases androgen availability by elevating
SHBG, leading to a DECREASE IN BIOAVAILABLE TESTOSTERONE. The estrogen-induced SHBG elevation is antagonized to varying
degrees by progestins. The newer combination oral
contraceptive formulations have reduced androgenicity by virtue
of improved progestin components, such as desogestrel and
norgestimate, which do not mitigate the estrogen effects........."

When I was sexually active I used an IUD plus condom. It's extremely effective birth control, and has the added bonus of protecting you from human papilloma virus, herpes, aids, chlamydia and all sort of nasties that your "faithful" partner might get accidentally exposed to.

However, if you insist on using hormonal contraceptives, a progestin-only one is your best bet.

Top Bottom