Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The mighty Dodge Viper takes nad kick from the '09 ZR1 Corvette

Wanted a manual, but had to settle for AT. I think it'd take an expert to accelerate faster on the MT though. It snaps off shifts superfast. I sure as hell couldn't shift that quick.

Sounds like lots of fun bro. Yours is an '08+ right?

Under 3400lbs, 638bhp & 605 lb ft of torque makes it not only the fastest domestic sports car ever, but faster than most exotics.

Edit: embedding's not working for some reason.

Jay Leno's Garage

Damn that car is tits and I'm more of a Ford guy.

There was a ZR1 parked at my gym last week. Good looking cars, I like the dark grey.

However, I can't imagine having the money to spend and buying anything other than a GTR.

There was a ZR1 parked at my gym last week. Good looking cars, I like the dark grey.

However, I can't imagine having the money to spend and buying anything other than a GTR.

Although the ZR1 does cost quite a bit more, it does smoke the GT-R. The lack of such extreme high-end horsepower is where it falls short. It doesn't hold quite the numbers in the twisties either.

Still, the GT-R is one super wicked ride. I'd love to have one.

Once the V-spec or whatever shows up, I'm sure it will be about 100lbs lighter, with 25+ more HP. It will be right on par with the ZR-1, and probably a little cheaper.

AWD is a bonus depending on your preferences also.

Still, the GT-R is one super wicked ride. I'd love to have one.

It's mythology is way more impressive than the car itself. If you spent some time in one I wonder if you'd still want one as much. My brother jumped through flaming hoops and spent too much money to get his, and it strikes me as just another supertuned overlygizmo ricer.

It's mythology is way more impressive than the car itself. If you spent some time in one I wonder if you'd still want one as much. My brother jumped through flaming hoops and spent too much money to get his, and it strikes me as just another supertuned overlygizmo ricer.

lol. They definitely perform though.

I sit in my M5 and know what "the whole package" is like. It's not as quick as a GT-R but it's still one hell of a fast ride with high end luxury with it.

Everything wrapped in leather. And I mean everything, besides the wood trim. :evil:

http://s3.tinypic.com/2j280ee.jpg

Then there's the toy:

http://s3.tinypic.com/910ac3.jpg

470ish rwhp supercharged. Poor stock tires don't have a chance, lol. I use drag radials on an extra 2 stock rims if I ever take it to the track.

I'll be selling it in 2 or so years and going with a Z51 Vette and supercharge that.

Last edited:
The GTR transmissions are now having problems which upsets me. It seems as if though they were never made to use the launch control option they came with. If the black box shows that the VDC was turned off and the transmission breaks, Nissan will void the warranty and the transmission is 18k to replace.

So, now if I had the money to get one, I'd only buy one where it was confirmed that the VDC was never turned off.

My second choice would be a 08-09 M3 with the 7 speed. There are alot of things that will outrun and "outflash" it... but as you said about the M5, it's the total package you're getting that makes the car stand apart from others.

The GTR transmissions are now having problems which upsets me. It seems as if though they were never made to use the launch control option they came with. If the black box shows that the VDC was turned off and the transmission breaks, Nissan will void the warranty and the transmission is 18k to replace.

So, now if I had the money to get one, I'd only buy one where it was confirmed that the VDC was never turned off.

My second choice would be a 08-09 M3 with the 7 speed. There are alot of things that will outrun and "outflash" it... but as you said about the M5, it's the total package you're getting that makes the car stand apart from others.

I actually started to mention the problem with the transmission, but didnt want to sound as if I was beating up on the car unreasonably.

When the weather was cool it usually ran perfectly. When he drives it pretty spiritedly for a while and the tranny fluid get's hot it get's noticeably clunky. Now that the weather here in Georgia is getting a lot warmer it doesn't take nearly as long for it to get noisy and start to shift kind of spastically. Mostly he's said it happens with he starts off WOT, then steps out of it even a bit for any reason, then get's back on it. Sometimes it delays a fraction longer between shifts, sometimes it shifts harder and more abruptly than normal. And this big deep "CLUNK" sound will go off, presumably from the tranny, every once in a while. Nice.

Nissan mechanics can't tell him dick about why this is happening. Nissan's not really supporting it in terms of flash updates for the ECM or the TCM or really providing their dealer techs with the knowledge to truly diagnose and fix it. It's just their company's "halo" car and they are pretty much demonstrating they're not not terribly concerned about taking care of the few owners of these things out there. If you can afford a car in this price range there are several better choices.

Top Bottom