Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Holidays Just Keep Coming!

TurquoiseRack

Okay, so is anyone ready for Christmas, Hanukkah, or any other holiday? I have so many people to buy gifts for and then I have baby showers and engagement parties to add to the already hectic month. Can it just be January already? What are some quick and easy gifts for the holiday that still have a sort of personal feel, but not to individualized? Basically I want to give similar gifts to everyone, or at least purchase from one provider. I recently learned that 1-800 flowers has some great gift baskets. Anyone gone this route or have any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am very old-school in that I don't follow the whole overly commercialized aspect of this time of year. I try to hand-make gifts for some when I have the energy. For everyone else, I try to spend time and give of myself. I am prevented from being with my family ...again so that greatly takes the wind from my sails.

There are a few items I would like to surprize my husband with but honestly, I would rather that we get away and spend some time together.

Other than that.... I don't really put my stock into "buying" a holiday.

Sorry if that wasn't the answer you were looking for but I would rather that a body treat me with kindess and respect (not so easy to do) 365 days of the year than to have them give me something storebought (very easy to do) for just ONE DAY of the year.

Have you thought about having the people you need to buy for have you donate money to their favorite chairty instead?

I have Christmas 365 too, Kini. My husband and I have soooo much and would perfer to have people give $ to our favorite charity at Christmas time!It's the kind of gift that we love at Christmas and througout the year!

BIKINIMOM said:
I am very old-school in that I don't follow the whole overly commercialized aspect of this time of year. I try to hand-make gifts for some when I have the energy. For everyone else, I try to spend time and give of myself. I am prevented from being with my family ...again so that greatly takes the wind from my sails.

There are a few items I would like to surprize my husband with but honestly, I would rather that we get away and spend some time together.

Other than that.... I don't really put my stock into "buying" a holiday.

Sorry if that wasn't the answer you were looking for but I would rather that a body treat me with kindess and respect (not so easy to do) 365 days of the year than to have them give me something storebought (very easy to do) for just ONE DAY of the year.

I figured the 1800 flowers baskets have that home made kind of feeling lol. I mean who doesn't love Paula Deen and the Barefoot Contessa??

I do like your alternative thoughts about the holidays though. I will think about that. I also think the donating money in family member's names to charity is a great idea. I never thought of either of your suggestions.

I also LOVE Vixenbabe's suggestion! another nice gift is you can give "IOU'S" or something to friends/relatives that you don't see all that often. You can make a card or get a blank one and write something to the effect of "this card entitles the bearer to one lunch at the restaurant of her choice with her favorite sister" or something like that or offer to help clean out the gutters or garden or whathaveyou... this way that person gets help and you get to spend some quality time together. :)

Kini, I've used the naughty coupons on my hubby before. :)

However, I've never thought about using the idea for friends. My best friend, who has health issues, has been talking about having her bedroom painted- I CAN DO THAT FOR HER NOW! Great idea, Kini! Thanks!

I don't participate in the holidays - I refuse to buy more crap for people who don't need more crap.

But a holiday coffee mug with a pack of "gourmet" hot chocolate or tea, a sugar stick or a spoon dipped in melted chocolate & allowed to "dry" plus some homemade cookies all wrapped up in some cellophane is a cute inexpensive gift. You can get all that stuff at the Dollar store. Mini Italian pasta baskets or a basket with a wine glass & a bottle of wine & some biscotti are nice too. All Dollar Store & grocery store items.

Ladies, the Mother's day is coming and I'm looking for a flower gift. But these are too expensive for me, can you suggest me something? Thank you and keep fit :stilleto:

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom