Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Estrogen Dilemma

DrJMW

First Problem with AAS and women is an increase in male characteristics as an undesirable side effect. The only way to control undesirable side effects is to keep the dosages of AAS reasonable and monitor for changes. Monitoring and adjusting is on-going. Some reasonable dosages (these have been garnered from studies)are 50-100mg IM weekly of either test or deca; 10-20mg Oxandrin daily; even 25mg every other day of Anadrol-50 has been used with minimal side effects. These meds can be used to achieve virtually any look (BB, fitness, model) by manipulating the diet and exercise regimen. I will also say these meds are not the best for fat loss.

Second problem women have are elevated levels of estrogen brought on by obesity (BF% exceeding the desired 10-12%) and/or taking birth control pills. There is an excellent antiestrogen for women called Evista, which selectively blocks estrogen in the breast tissue and adipose tissue, but allows estrogen to function in the heart and bone. Once the BF% is brought down into the 10-12% area and is maintained, then a decision needs to be made if maintenance will be required. Evista can be taken indefinitely, but alternative BC must be sought. Woman are fortunate that their estrogen levels decrease as they age, where men's estrogen levels increase. Research is starting to show that estrogen is not as important as testosterone levels in the aging female and male. If women's test levels are increased, their higher bodyfat levels will adequately convert enough estrogen as needed. Men, on the other hand, have to battle the high estrogen levels with clomid, arimidex or aromasin.

I assume with all this self-bumping that you are interested in stirring up discussion on your topics...so will you discuss your opinion that BF greater than 10-12% is obese?

Research has found that 10-12% BF is ideal for women. They are able to retain their femininity, keep their test/estrogen conversion rate ideal, and overcome insulin resistence (diabetes, evelated cholesterol, etc). The problem is maintaining these levels without superior genetics. That is where prescription meds come in.

Estrogen in Men

Dr J, you've piqued my interest here. I understand that estrogen hied in fat and obese women tend to have more estrogen than thier lower BF counterparts. Is this true in men?? Are the estro levels of obese men higher than their slender counterparts??

Dr. J:

Could you please give me the name and number of women pregnant with BF of 10-12%? I'd like to find out where they're injecting their FSH. I'd also like to read the source for these studies you cite if you can get me a link.

thanks,

thebabydoc:fro:

Is Evista something I can go to my OBGYN & request?? When I mentioned nolva to him, he just said why don't you just go off the B/C? Hard to give a doc a good reason to prescribe you something when he didn't know it was used for that (e.g. bodybuilding...)

No doc is gonna give you Evista if you're not menopausal or osteopenic.

Besides, there is no evidence that it would help you where you'd like. It is an SERM- Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulator and should not be expected do what some here are purporting.

Hehehe thebabydoc I'm with you here. Still waiting to see references to this revolutionary new research that show 10-12% bodyfat is optimal for any female other than those competing in fitness comps. I will admit that severe calorie restirction in women (and men) can possibly lead to an increased lifespan, but to say this is optimal in any other respect is unsubstantiated IMHO. Of course MrJMW may have some hitherto unpublished research to support his theories.......

BodyOpus , ladies. After reading Dan Duchaine's book, I emailed him many times prior to his passing to discuss many points in BodyOpus. He was very adament about the 6% ideal BF in men and 10-12%BF in women for supra-health. Other research, as indicated at omen.com/adipos.html suggests that women should be in excellent shape prior to getting pregnancy and try to maintain their caloric intake and not gain tons of fat.

Ladies, I don't create information. I read it in many forums--books, WEBMD for doctors, medibolics.com, lef.org, PDR.net, Internet searches and even this board. I take this information and use it to enhance my client's lives. I suggest doing the research, too.

Evista is a drug of choice for preventing recurrent cancerous breast lesions by blocking estrogen in the breast tissue. It does allow estrogen to work in cardiac and bone tissue. It also happens to be an excellent estrogen blocker in adipose tissue..your OB/GYN probably doesn't know this, nor would they prescribe it for that purpose..an antiaging/life extensionist might.

Obese men and women tend to have higher estrogen levels because of the increased adiposity. Fat cells readily convert testoterone to estrogen..this is why obese men and women can benefit.

Top Bottom