Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The dave palumbo diet

em1l1o

I was google searching and that diet called my attention, the only point I didn't like too much about it is that it's very low in carbs, is there a chance you go a catabolic state without consuming enough carbs?

I really respect Dave Palumbo. I listen to the HeavyMuscle Radio podcast he hosts every single week. He is extremely knowledgeable when it comes to diet and training.

However, I don't like his keto diet approach. I agree that you need to reduce carbs to loose body fat but eliminating them completely from the diet is unnecessary in my opinion. It's kind of like burning your house down to get rid of an ant infestation. Carbs are what keeps the muscle full and fuels hard training. Carbs are also essential for normal metabolism and thyroid function.

I recommend carb cycling for the goals of fat loss. You get the best of everything that way. The low carb days are fat loss focused where as the high carb days are very anabolic and refill glycogen levels.

Here is an article I wrote on how to set up a carb cycling diet for fat loss. It contains a full sample meal plan: http://www.evolutionary.org/cycling-carbohydrates

Top Bottom