Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The banning of some supps in the UK and its effects in the gym…

FatRat

I posted this on the Training board, but thought it might get some interesting comments here...

I’m hearing rumours that Tribulus, GABA and a few others are to be banned in the UK, and possibly other areas around Europe due to European Food Supplements Directive . Its going to mean that a lot of products will come off the shelves.

I am of two minds about this:

1) I really hate this removal of an individuals rights to choice being imposed upon us. Governing bodies site incomplete evidence and examples of abuse by clearly un informed 13 year old users who do themselves harm. The problem is that all this is going to do is drive the supply of these products underground, which will put individuals in touch with those that supply harder anabolics. Example: Here in the UK, you have to go to a “dealer” for your ephedrine products, and who knows what else you pick up at the same time, lets just say that dealers in my experience are often experts in “cross selling”.

However…

2) Perhaps the removal of some of these over-rated products, most of which are marketed as the next “magic pill to hugeness”, will bring back some sort of work ethic to gyms, and the general population will re-learn that a solid training program and diet is the real route to sustained and long term progress towards their goals. Here’s hoping…

Any thoughts?

Yeah i agree with your 2nd point.
I think alot of emphasis is placed these days on supplements and this is to be blamed on the marketing techniques of supplement
co's claiming why we cant workout without their wonder sups

i've seen guys that just eat very clean and dont take any sups at all not even whey! but their dedication and training have helped them progress quite well. Sure they're not on the levels of the pros but they're happy with what they have and trust me, alot of guys and girls would kill for what they have

100 % agreed
I'm also noticing people taking in more pills and tabs then doing sets per training :alien:

Top Bottom