Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Thanks everybody!!!!

I have a little philosophy.

IF YOU CANT DO A WEIGHT FOR 5 REPS, THEN YOU ARENT READY FOR THAT WEIGHT. One rep maxes are fine, but i avoid them. I fear if i go for a one rep max on bench that i could blow a shoulder out or tear a pec.

Warmup: 135x15 or 20, 185 (if you want/need to) x 10, 225 x 10, then 275 etc.

cwick0 said:
I have a little philosophy.

IF YOU CANT DO A WEIGHT FOR 5 REPS, THEN YOU ARENT READY FOR THAT WEIGHT. One rep maxes are fine, but i avoid them. I fear if i go for a one rep max on bench that i could blow a shoulder out or tear a pec.

Warmup: 135x15 or 20, 185 (if you want/need to) x 10, 225 x 10, then 275 etc.

I started on the 215lb pyramid exactly 2 years ago, I just found using this method helped my strength a lot. I have tried other ways and not much effect, I must have good joints (in my body) because I haventbeen hurt yet. I use proper form when lifting. I have a lot of other people doing this same pyramid andthey too are making gains. It seems my strength and endurance and size all gain on thisworkout. Thanks for the tips!

WalkingBeast said:
Awesome work brother!! Thats a fucking strong bench!! Trying to hit 405 soon myself! Keep KILLING that shit brother!!

Thanks bro, its people like you with your posting progress pics that motivates me. You too have made some great progress over the last year or so. Thanks again. 455 is my next goal. hope to get it withing the next 8-10 weeks or so.

cwick0 said:
Never tried the nebraska pyramid, but it looks pretty good. This isnt a lot of volume, so i think your numbers are perfectly fine. I might tweak the numbers a little bit to reach your fullest potential, but the numbers are SOLID.

I see you used the 2.5lb plates too, ERRRRR, lol. I refuse to use those darn plates. This would have been the numbers i would have done if i were you:

275lbs x 8
315lbs x 6
335 or 345lbsx 4
365 or 385lbs x 3
405lbs x 2
425lbs x 1
315lbs x as many as possible.

Great job still.

No 2.5's? hahahah FUCKING HARDCORE brother!! The small jumps seem to help me alot. A 10lb jump in strength would be major for me when going for reps.

BigGuns29 said:
Thanks bro, its people like you with your posting progress pics that motivates me. You too have made some great progress over the last year or so. Thanks again. 455 is my next goal. hope to get it withing the next 8-10 weeks or so.

ThanX alot brother!! That means alot! Youll KILL that shit brother!! Keep us updated!!

WalkingBeast said:
ThanX alot brother!! That means alot! Youll KILL that shit brother!! Keep us updated!!

No, thank you! I'll post again at 455, soon hopefully. I will definitely make a mpeg of it to prove to my wife. thanks again

Top Bottom