Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Thanks everybody!!!!

BigGuns29

Just got out of the gym today. It fucken rocked! I have just blasted through a personal best on flat bench easily, (using nebraska pyramid) and have also measured another 1/2" on my arms cold. I am so fucking pumped. Just want to thank everybody for all the advice, even though I havent started my cycle yet, it feels like I have!!! life and EF are great. now if I can get some butt tonite to capp it off, that would make it even greater. Thanks everybody for the motivation and help with all of my questions!

wnt2bBeast said:
what was your bench PR??

I finished the 415lb Nebraska Pyramid (8,6,4,3,2,1,4) and then pressed 415lb about 30 min after finishing the pyramid. I know it probably isnt a lot compared to most of you guys, but I was stuck at 405 for a whold damn year! I would get to 405 and then be satisfied mentally I guess cause then it would slowly creep backdown to about 385lbs. wierd. the last 6 weeksI went up 10 lbs each week on the pyramid. Felt GREAT!!!

BigGuns29 said:
I finished the 415lb Nebraska Pyramid (8,6,4,3,2,1,4) and then pressed 415lb about 30 min after finishing the pyramid. I know it probably isnt a lot compared to most of you guys, but I was stuck at 405 for a whold damn year! I would get to 405 and then be satisfied mentally I guess cause then it would slowly creep backdown to about 385lbs. wierd. the last 6 weeksI went up 10 lbs each week on the pyramid. Felt GREAT!!!
you used 415 for all those sets??

wnt2bBeast said:
you used 415 for all those sets??

Shit no, I wish!!!! LOL The 415 pyramid goes like this:

280lbs x 8
290lbs x 6
330lbs x 4
370lbs x 3
390lbs x 2
400lbs x 1
330lbs x 4

I'll PM you the full chart!

still thats a nice bench..i be it would be significantly higher without all that volume!! whats ur BW? ever try powerlifting?

wnt2bBeast said:
still thats a nice bench..i be it would be significantly higher without all that volume!! whats ur BW? ever try powerlifting?

my bw is 265, and no, never tried powerlifting. I would just like to be strong and look like I can bench a lot :) The 415 is the most by far in our YMCA, but I try not to let it go to my head. You really think if I killed some of the volume, my strength will go up? Sounds reasonable. how would I go about that? Thanks for the info!

BigGuns29 said:
Shit no, I wish!!!! LOL The 415 pyramid goes like this:

280lbs x 8
290lbs x 6
330lbs x 4
370lbs x 3
390lbs x 2
400lbs x 1
330lbs x 4

I'll PM you the full chart!

Never tried the nebraska pyramid, but it looks pretty good. This isnt a lot of volume, so i think your numbers are perfectly fine. I might tweak the numbers a little bit to reach your fullest potential, but the numbers are SOLID.

I see you used the 2.5lb plates too, ERRRRR, lol. I refuse to use those darn plates. This would have been the numbers i would have done if i were you:

275lbs x 8
315lbs x 6
335 or 345lbsx 4
365 or 385lbs x 3
405lbs x 2
425lbs x 1
315lbs x as many as possible.

Great job still.

cwick is a better bencher than myself so you may want to follow his advice more..but i would warm up with sets of 3's until you cant do 3 reps anymore at this point do 1 rep until you cant get one rep anymore..

Top Bottom