Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Testosterone therapy may lead to more ills

BIGBUCK$

Testosterone therapy may lead to more ills
Rats given hormone showed higher blood pressure, signs of kidney trouble

NEW YORK - Testosterone supplements may make aging men feel and look better, but the results of a study conducted in rats suggest that it could lead to kidney damage and worsen high blood pressure (hypertension).

Testosterone levels gradually decrease with age in healthy men, a condition some doctors refer to as “andropause,” which is analogous to menopause in women.

A growing number of healthy older American men take testosterone replacement therapy to improve their feelings of well being, sex drive, and muscle mass.

“Because chronic cardiovascular disease, like hypertension or kidney disease, is related to a sharp decrease in testosterone, a lot of doctors also prescribe testosterone to men who suffer from heart disease,” Dr. Radu Iliescu, of University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, noted in a telephone interview with Reuters Health.

However, “no well-controlled clinical studies have addressed the effects of testosterone on the cardiovascular system,” Iliescu warned, “and our research actually showed that testosterone contributes to hypertension and end-stage renal disease in various rodent experimental models.”

Iliescu and colleagues found that testosterone supplements caused about a twofold increase in testosterone levels in the blood of male rats. They also found that blood pressure was significantly higher in testosterone-supplemented rats compared with normal “control” rats. Castration did not alter blood pressure levels.

Compared with normal rats, testosterone-supplemented rats also had higher concentrations of protein in the urine, a sign of possible kidney trouble, whereas castration reduced protein in the urine.

These results were reported by Iliescu and co-researchers at a recent meeting of the American Physiological Society in Austin, Texas.

Supplementing testosterone or preventing the testosterone loss that occurs with age or chronic disease may actually worsen preexisting heart or kidney disease, the researchers conclude.

“We are trying to bring to the attention of the clinician of using care when prescribing testosterone supplements and to address cardiovascular risk,” Iliescu told Reuters Health.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20266444/

Very misleading. They're using cases of overdose to make a point. Low T can cause a heart attack. A high level of T prevents it -- until you get over 2000ng, then the risk goes up again.

agree... misleading... the body does not know the difference between endogenous testosterone and exogenous testosterone. Sooo, unless one is way outside the normal range, complications are very unlikely.

So basicly if you have heart or kidney diease test will worsen these aliments.Fucked if ya do, fucked if ya don"t.

it's ok.. it will take off 10 years of my life.. but it's the 10 years where i am pissing on myself and can't feed myself, so i'm good with that..

SpyWizard said:
it's ok.. it will take off 10 years of my life.. but it's the 10 years where i am pissing on myself and can't feed myself, so i'm good with that..
lol i hear you bro

yeah that article is full of shit....i dont understand why this society is so against the use of anabolics when things like plastic surgery are competely accepted...

SpyWizard said:

That aint no lie

airsmith2k said:
yeah that article is full of shit....i dont understand why this society is so against the use of anabolics when things like plastic surgery are competely accepted...

There is an anaerobic bacteria called colstridium botulinum that produces a DEADLY neurotoxin that causes flaccid paralysis.......people get excited with they talk about injecting this stuff......everyone WANTS BOTOX!
Steroids deadly? See above.....

Government/media propaganda masquerading as news. The government is attempting to change guidelines on TRT after the benoit/signature bust so this kind of thing is necessary to keep the sheep's opinion in line.

Top Bottom