Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Tendonitis in rear shoulder? Frustration...

plornive

Yesterday I did deadlifts...
First set of deads for 3 weeks because I had the flu and just rested for a while...

After I put the bar down my left rear shoulder area had a fairly sharp pain whenever I pulled anything... basically whenever I used my rear delts or lats. For the deadlifts, my left hand's grip was overhand.

Went to the gym today. Military press didn't hurt at all. Lateral raises were nearly painless. But anything that directly involved my rear delts and to a lesser extent my lats (i.e. pulling exercises) hurts. Also picking weights up off the floor hurts. It feels like tendonitis in my elbows did, but it's in my rear shoulder, and it's even more annoying.

Also, doing flat bench hurts... I assume because it uses my lats (remember military press was painless).

I iced it yesterday and today, and I avoided any exercises that hurt. How long will this last? Any suggestions/help? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

strangebrew said:
give it some rest, work around it if you can. It should be fine in a week or so.
Thanks for the reply. I like the sound of that.

One question... for you or anyone...
I don't really know what a rotator cuff is. Could I have slightly injured my rotator cuff? The onset of pain happened in one day... from nothing to moderate pain when doing the lifts I outlined above.

What might the problem be?

i remembering finding the same post about this on dave tate's site...i have the same issue myself but my right shoulder hurts only on pressing(overhead) movements. i've taken some measures but the jist of it was icing it & aleve or advil...i think. go here: http://www.elitefts.com
search for "shoulder tendonitis or tendonitis" and it should come up. tb

Top Bottom