Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ten weeks left in 2003

sinjinsmythe33

plus four days :D

bent leg good mornings: 205 for five sets of five reps. not too difficult, i am not in a hurry and will build to some better numbers.

looking to add five to ten pounds per week, goal is to hit five sets of five by 12/31/03.

squats: 175 for four sets of fifteen to twenty reps. two were wide stance, (as wide as i could go), two with a more conventional stance. squatted down to below parallel and did not lock out any reps. concentration was on not rounding back and not letting my knees travel past my feet.

various stretches; hung from pull up bar for three sets of thirty seconds.

chest

warm ups, stretching, hang from pull up bar. light incline dumbell presses

1) incline barbell (40 to 50 degrees): four sets of four reps with 210.

2) steep incline presses (70 degrees): two sets of five reps with 170 and 180

3) flat bench, pause for two seconds on chest and explode: two sets of 5 reps with 180

4) dips: body weight one set of 12

not to difficult today, concentration on acceleration through positive portion of excercise. will work up to heavier weights going foward.

upper back

1) barbell rows 120 x 5 reps; 170 x4 reps 220, 230, 240 x 4 reps

2) pull ups 3 sets of 6, 5, 4 (pathetic) dead hang, pause at top.
did some pull ups yesterday, it did affect todays performance.

3) snatch grip barbell row 170, 1 set of 6 reps

4) snatch grip deadlifts 210, 230 x 2; 250 x 1; these were difficult, wanted to give them a try. this was an example of poor excercise selection, should have done these first

need to tighten up diet, felt lethargic today. cant seem to clear mind of various and assorted problems (all of which i created).

saturday october 25

1) power cleans: 115 after warm ups for two sets, 135 X 3
160 x 1; 175 x 2 for four sets; back to 140 for two sets of five. havent done these in a few weeks, concentration on form and explosion, keeping the bar close to the body and the 'second pull', will add five pounds per week.

2) clean pulls 135 x2; 165 x 2; 185 x 3; 205 x 3, 2. these were atrocious; i have to study the olympic lifting vids; can not seem to get the hang of them. t

3) bent leg good mornings few light warm up sets and work sets: 215 for five sets of five reps. these were more difficult after the cleans, but not a max type effort. with good mornings the goal is to be at 290 to 300 by the end of the year for sets of five. not necessarily five sets of five, but at least two. i kept my head up, back arched and knees bent on each set, dont want this to turn into a squat. hopefully santa will take some pity on my sorry ass and bring me a power rack for christmas. :angel: then i can start to do some chain good mornings, rack work etc.

warm ups, light dumbell benches, some pull ups, ligght laterals

1) two board press(slightly less than three inches thick) first time i have ever done these. 220 to 277 for eight sets of two or three reps each. two sets at 277 were for 3 and 2 reps.

2)press behind neck; warm up, then seven sets of 3 reps with 130, not to failure; done as fast as possible. less than a minute between sets.

3) bent over laterals, two drop sets with 35's and 25s, about 20 reps total, to failure.

4) pull ups, two sets of seven and six

traps very sore from saturday. conservative on board presses due to lack of spotter, first time doing them and and novelty of the excercise.
:mix:

sunday november 2nd

1) bent leg good mornings: warmups; work sets 217 x 4 237 x 2
257 4 sets of three. kept arch in back, not max effort, been sick the last few days.

2) clean pulls: 217 to 257 for four sets of three.

3) shrugs: 257 to 297 for four sets of 12 to 15 reps

4) pull ups: 40 reps over eight sets. these were tough after the shrugs.

wednesday november 5th

1) two board presses (each board 1.5 inches thick)
warm ups 4 sets of 3 or 4 reps with 237; 257; 267 (2 sets)
2) incline barbell w/u then two sets of 4 reps with 217 & 227

3) steep inclines 12 reps with 167.

i have been down for the last few days, sick and not sleeping well
struggling with the board presses due to lack of spotter. the lockouts were strong on board presses, but it is a new movement, will search the board for more info on these. the two boards ar not as wide as the ones i see people using in vids, heading to home depot this weekend to buy some more wood!!!

thursday 11/6

traps/upper back warm ups then.....

1) clean pulls four sets with 227 to 267 for three reps

2) shrugs 317 for two sets of ten and eight (grip gave out)

3) barbell rows (overhand grip) three sets of three reps with 227

4) snatch grip barbell rows 167 for sets of eight and six

clean pulls: these fried my upper traps last few times i have done them; grip is big weakness.

sunday november 9th

bent leg good mornings

nine sets of 6 to 12 reps with 167 to 247. worked up to 247 for 6 and back down to 177 for several sets of ten

non lock wide stance squats, well below parallel.
167 to 197 for three sets of 15 reps.

Top Bottom