Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Techniques to resist sugar...

What kind of sugar-free syrup do you use? I only tried one before and it tasted like cough syrup and promptly found its way to the trash...

Naxis said:
What kind of sugar-free syrup do you use? I only tried one before and it tasted like cough syrup and promptly found its way to the trash...

Spring Tree Sugar Free Syrup.

It tastes great. You won't mistake it for maple syrup, but it gives regular syrup a run for its money.

It's $3.00 for 24 ounces. The label says 12 servings at 30 calories, but it's lasted me a lot longer than that. I have maybe half or a quarter serving at a time - a serving would be drenching your pancakes in syrup!

It's flavored with sorbitol ( a sugar alcohol ) and aspartame, so for anyone interested, it is a little carby. ( but what are you doing having pancakes anyway. :) )

Here's a product page, and it can probably be found at any local grocer.

Stevia it’s sold as a supplement and you can use it in baking quite nicely. Carob chips use a little barley malt to curb the mild aftertaste that stevia has and apple sauce instead of butter. You can make various sweet recipes so you have something later to snack on that’s low fat and no sugar. Check out recipes for whatever sweet you’re into on line. Try using google.com; search: stevia cooking, you should find lots of info there. Hope that helps.

Green Tea

I drink a big cup of green tea with splenda and a squeeze of lemon when I get a sweet craving.

Even when I don't get a sweet craving now that I think about it...I just love the stuff!

Oh, and sugar free jello is pretty damn good, too.

What about making ice cubes out of crystal light and suckin on those when ya get a sweet urge..??..?? I do that sometimes too, works well, and sometimes it even gives you a brain freeze so you forget about the cravings!

Top Bottom