Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Swimming before or after?

txpistol

I have been lifting and steadily dwindling my bf% however I started this week to incorporate swimming at least 3 times a week. Swimming as in intense bursts not just wading around. Should I be doing this before or after lifting. Need to kill that last amount of stomach and bf% or as much as I can.

swimming is awesome cardio. anyone ever try swimming UPSTREAM? holy moly, you will be sore everywhere the next day.

to answer your question I would do it on separate days. if you rip up your muscle fibers lifting than do that kind of tough swimming you will not have very much strength left.

I have heard that cardio while lifting period, is somewhat of a contradiction towards building muscle. I read somewhere it has negative effects on muscle. What are thoughts. Also, thanks, I think I'm gonna do rveryother day lift and everyother day swim

not sure, but i used to swim with my buddy who had to do it for his D1 baseball regimen, and to do it after a hard workout (esp. squat days) is brutal. Therefore, i'd probably agree with steve.

swimming/running/biking is fine as long as you eat enough bro. Swimming also adds resistance (the water) so it's a lot different than running.

Sure any cardio will make it harder to put on size but it can also ad tone and cut. Depends on what you are looking for.

Cardio is certainly good for your health!

I would think hard swimming before your weight training would kill your weight training. I like the alternate day suggestion. Or if your just wanting cardio do a nice steady swim after training. It's almost relaxing while getting good cardio at the same time.

I can't point out the science but if you are looking to burn fat I have always heard there are better types of cardio then swimming. For conditioning it is one of the best though.

Depends on your goals. I know tri athletes who swim/bike/run, then workout after. They do this because cardio workout is more important to them then weight training.

Now if weight training is your passion, I would do that first, then cardio.

Or do like others have said, do them on seperate days all together.

guys his goal was to burn fat

hence swimming after his workout is the most productive for this purpose

were not looking at the performace side

only thing id say is dont swim after shoulder or back day, ur nto goign to get very far

oooo i remeber the days where i did the swimmming nationals, could swim 2miles, now i cant do a lap, how embarressing

well when to do cardio is highly debated, but a lot of people say fasted cardio upon waking is optimal for weight loss. Just curious, why do you say after your workout is better?

Hi
Doing high interval cardio is the best way to burn fat and keep your muscle.
especially high to low interval cardio will also help you in increasing growth hormone in your body.
Regardless bulking or cutting you should do cardio at least twice a week.

Top Bottom