Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sweat Smelling Like Ammonia?

ive noticed it too, my sweat is smells real bad, almost like a piss smell when i am on the treadmill. I will try to bump up the protein and increase the H2O and see how that goes

Punt said:

Fuck, this really pisses me off. The whole reason I started doing morning cardio on an empty stomach was becuase of everyone saying it was best for burning fat!

Any ideas how to adjust my body to burn fat, as opposed to muscle during morning cardio?

Drink a protein shake. There was a study posted by Nandi12 over at CuttingEdgeMuscle which showed patients maintaining and even gaining some muscle mass when they consumed protein before cardio. The ones that did cardio on an empty stomach, lost muscle mass.

Here's the abstract thanks to Nandi12. I know this is abotu rats but there's a whole thread on the discussion over at CEM.

http://www.cuttingedgemuscle.com/Forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=244&highlight=cardio

Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 2002 Sep;283(3):E565-72

A preexercise alpha-lactalbumin-enriched whey protein meal preserves lipid oxidation and decreases adiposity in rats.

Bouthegourd JC, Roseau SM, Makarios-Lahham L, Leruyet PM, Tome DG, Even PC.

Unite Mixte de recherche de Physiologie de la Nutrition et du comportement alimentaire, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Institut National Agronomique Paris-Grignon, F75231 Paris, France.

The composition of the preexercise food intake is known to affect substrate utilization during exercise and thus can affect long-term changes in body weight and composition. These parameters were measured in male rats exercised 2 h daily over 5 wk, either in the fasting state or 1 h after they ingested a meal enriched with glucose (Glc), whole milk protein (WMP), or alpha-lactalbumin-enriched whey protein (CPalphaL). Compared with fasting, the Glc meal increased glucose oxidation and decreased lipid oxidation during and after exercise. In contrast, the WMP and CPalphaL meals preserved lipid oxidation and increased protein oxidation, the CPalphaL meal increasing protein oxidation more than the WMP meal. At the end of the study, body weight was larger in the WMP-, Glc-, and CPalphaL-fed rats than in the fasted ones. This resulted from an increased fat mass in the WMP and Glc rats and to an increased lean body mass, particularly muscles, in the CPalphaL rats. We conclude that the potential of the CPalphaL meal to preserve lipid oxidation and to rapidly deliver amino acids for use during exercise improved the efficiency of exercise training to decrease adiposity.

Seth28 said:
ive noticed it too, my sweat is smells real bad, almost like a piss smell when i am on the treadmill. I will try to bump up the protein and increase the H2O and see how that goes

Please let us know the results. I plan to try this too this week.

ChrisOh said:
its just catabolism, you smell like ammonia/acetone when you burn muscle.

can be. I smell like that when I bump my proteinintake and start bulking and get more inactive. Talked to a pro BB and he thought it was i was eating too much protein. I then lowered, kept cardio and everything else as I always do, and it went away.

Top Bottom