Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Supplements to aid insomnia

Have you tried GABA

GABA Supplement Information
We mentioned GABA briefly in our GHR-15 review article. Let's take a closer look now at GABA.

GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid) is the most important and abundant inhibitory neurotransmitter in the brain (it's actually an amino acid classified as a neurotransmitter). It helps induce relaxation and sleep. It acts as a "balancer" for the brain where excitation of the brain is balanced with inhibition.

In addition to it's 'balancing' effects, GABA stimulates the anterior pituitary, leading to higher levels of Human Growth Hormone (HGH), and if you didn't know, HGH is very anabolic (muscle building) and lipotropic (fat preventing). So, GABA indirectly enhances these 2 positive effects. Let's take a quick look at the benefits of Human Growth Hormone:

HGH is shown to have anti-aging effects
Higher levels of HGH leads to less body fat and also better lean tissue-stored fat ratio
HGH level decrease with age, so supplementation is beneficial
Helps lose fat and improve lean muscle

You can go to for the complete article

http://www.bodybuildingforyou.com/supplements-reviews/gaba-information-effects.htm

Ceebs said:

Can I pilfer "grogulated"? I'm still giggling to myself about that. :)

Mmmm.....there is a royalty fee you know. :D
Anya's definition: "to be made groggy, as if by a drug or very boring event or person".

Lordy, if Neurogenics can even possibly cause insomnia I'd better run from it for days!

But then again I do have ADHD and a lot of things have opposite effects on me, like the Rx stimulant Stattera calming me down, or dyphenhydromine charging me up incredibly. I guess I'm just too scared to risk it. Is there a money back offer if you return your first order only partially used?

RnRGirl said:
Have you tried GABA

Actually I have tried GABA, but as a weight loss supplement when I was 14 (six years ago). It did work as a weight loss supp but I dont recall any change in my sleeping habits though.

as for my experience :

What does NOT work
valerian
melatonin

What work just a bit
5-HTP
GABA (in huge quantities)

What is supposed to work
kava kava
tryptophan
vitamin B12 (large amount)

My brain turns on at night -- think, think think!! Very annoying....so I can't sleep.

I take Ambien, which is a prescription -- but it works!! No grogulation the next day (love that word). Splemendous! (one of my own! hehehe)

1/2 of a 10 ml pill & zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Top Bottom