Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Supplements for Women

RedRoof

This may have been asked a million times already, so I apologize. But do any of you ladies that have been in the weight lifting thing for a long time now have any advice for the following:
I am needing to gain muscle!! I am a tiny former gymnast that is 5'1", 100 lbs. I am wanting to see and build my muscle, not just be stronger and not be able to "see" it. And I'm wondering if there is a good supplement that can be recommended to do just that (for women)...? I am hopefully looking for something that doesnt go down thick like a shake, or something I can whip-up fast, if its in drink form. I have tried just plain protein shakes before, and it doesnt do much, plus the thick pasty shakes were hard to take 2 - 3 times a day everyday! I appreciate any input and advice...thanks!

100 pounds!

I recommend food. My favorite supplement. Seriously, I'd look at diet before supplements. Check out some of the bulking diets here. Spatts has a great one. Surf this list for posts by Spatterson. Also Steelweaver worked on hers a but in some good threads. There are a lot of good ones posted on the women's board.

Wyst

I guess to be more specific and to the point, if I take a protein, perhaps I was taking the wrong kind...any recommendations (something not thick and easy to drink or what-not)...? Also, other supplements and weight gainers are cool...if there are any recommendations on that as well.... Thanks!

well for good shakes i recommend george's triple threat (click on mass quantities above)... i LOVE the vanilla... not gross at all (hell i'd drink it for fun) and mixes nicely.

someone's gonna smack me one but fitday.com helped me realise that i was taking in enough protein and carbs and stuff but not enough fat or cals!!

i am eating like a mofo to grow... i'm 5'5" and around 113 last i checked (don't ask me how i gained 9 pounds in a week and a half but i'll take it!).

is that what you wanted to know? i take a multivitamin daily and i'm going to go buy some ALA soon...

you will gain weight when the muscle builds... don't look to the shakes to be the source of weight gain... they're for the protein that helps build muscle... i go for at least 130g of protein daily...

ok i hope i was sorta on the ball for ya there... but def look up spatt's diet and others...

Yes, you did help! I do realize not just one thing gains muscle (especially right away). But I do just want to get the right supplements (especially if its good for women)...to make it easier, faster, whatever.... I read about the right foods to eat. But from what Ive seen there is little to no talk about weight gain...just weight loss and taking anavar...? If anyone can input more it would be appreciated. Thanks for what has been said so far! :)

I didn't mean to sound like a wise ass, redroof. Spatterson has pasted a weigt gain diet for building muscle, really! She has built herself up through the roof. Amaaaaazing results.

Wyst

The best thing you can do for your body is proper nutrition!! Eating 6 times a day..1-1.5 grams of protein...fueling your body is necessary in order to put on some muscle..You can take creatine, glutamine and some aminos..and of course a good vitamin! Make sure you take in your healthy fats and plenty of water...complex carbs..and stay away from junk food...eat to fuel your body not simply for enjoyment etc...what is your diet like now? How are you training?

I'll be THE FIRST one to admit that I have SERIOUSLY limited my gains because, for one reason or another, I DO NOT EAT ENOUGH!

Honestly, the shakes and bars are a nice "break" from eating all that food, but they are not magic. Just try them and find whichever suits your tastes, needs best.

Generally, stay away from processed foods and junk food. (Of course, unless you are pre-contest the occasional indulgence in ice cream never hurt anyone! tee-hee) Lots of good protein, complex carbs, veggies and fruit (because you are trying to gain) and healthy fats.

The diets listed are excellent. Find what you like and stick to it. You will be amazed at how your strength increases and the gains that you will make.

Top Bottom