Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sumo Deadlifts

Rocket

Have never done dead lifts sumo style.....so I tried it yesterday...Lov'em..I always have some lower back pain right after working out and it's worst the next day....no pain at all...sumo from now on baby!!!!!

Rocket

Sumo...

No reason you can't do both deadlift styles to get the best of both worlds. The sumo style definitely takes some stress off of the lower back. It allows the lifter to use more hams, hips and glutes. Good luck!

- Screwball

Do you think this would help out a lifter who gets most of his power in the dead from his back. Throw in 2 legs and i would kick ass. BTW i had surgery 4 months ago...ACL..

ROCKET how tall are you and are your legs or arms short or long in relation to your body? Just curious as I recently switched to sumo. I am 5'6 with short legs.

I love sumos and since I coverted I will never go back. I tried to do one of my warmups today as a conventional and I hated it. Never again.

For the record I am 5'7" and I feel like my arms are average for my height, definitely not too long or short.

I'm 5'6" 200lbs Short Legs 29" inseam, arms I think are average. I would not go back to regular style, I'll do good mornings for lower back!

Rocket

I am 6ft tall and find myself rounding the back to much when doing convention style so its sumo style for me.

How wide of a stance are you guys taking in your sumo's?

I am a very wide stance squatter (feet touch edges of the power rack) and I am 5 foot 7, 225 lbs, with very short arms. I am a conventional deadlifter, and I can't deadlift worth a shit. I for some reason cannot pull with nearly as wide of a stance as I squat with. Does this make sense to anyone?

I am needing some deadlift help. I know I do not have the physiqe to ever be a good deadlifter, but I would at least like to become an adequate one.

B

Top Bottom