Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Stronglifts 1x5 WARM UP for Working Set

jaytaylor84

Hi guys, my stats:
5'9
157 in early morning
i've been training seriously for about 7 months, i eat around 5,300 calories a day, i do the paleo diet and try not to stray too much from it..drink a gallon of water a day..anyways i've been doing stronglifts 5x5 for quite a while now and have eventually progressed to the point where my routine looks like this:

workout A
1x5 squat- 265
1x5 dumbbell bench press- 75's
1x5 pendlay rows- 170

workout B
1x5 squat- 265
1x5 overhead press- 130
1x5 deadlift- 310

i alternate between the 2 three times a week..please feel free to critique.. my MAIN concern is on the stronglifts website Mehdi doesn't really specifiy the proper warm up protocol, his is actually a bit crap, so i went with Mark Rippetoe's looking like this:
2 x 5 x Bar
1 x 5 - 40% 5 rep max
1 x 3 - 60% 5 rep max
1 x 2 - 80% 5 rep max

Does this look sufficient for my program ?

looks good to me... as you progress heavier you may want to add in a set at 20% and then maybe take off a couple reps here and there further down...
i dont really use %, i just progress with plates... just makes it easier so you dont have to figure out any math...

i will definitely do that then when my 5 rep maxes become increasingly larger, as i said i just switched to 1x5 and still have a lot more progress to make...moya do you think madcows would be sufficient after stronglifts has been exhausted?

madcow has a great program...
personally, once your experience reaches a certain point i find that specializing on one or two lifts at a time is easier than getting stronger on everything at once... and usually if you are working your dead or squat individually, the one being set aside will not decrease...
smolov is a great program if you want to increase your squat,
and the ed coan bench and deadlift routines work great too...
...its just doing them all together would definately lead to overtraining....

Hi guys, my stats:
5'9
157 in early morning
i've been training seriously for about 7 months, i eat around 5,300 calories a day, i do the paleo diet and try not to stray too much from it..drink a gallon of water a day..anyways i've been doing stronglifts 5x5 for quite a while now and have eventually progressed to the point where my routine looks like this:

workout A
1x5 squat- 265
1x5 dumbbell bench press- 75's
1x5 pendlay rows- 170

workout B
1x5 squat- 265
1x5 overhead press- 130
1x5 deadlift- 310

i alternate between the 2 three times a week..please feel free to critique.. my MAIN concern is on the stronglifts website Mehdi doesn't really specifiy the proper warm up protocol, his is actually a bit crap, so i went with Mark Rippetoe's looking like this:
2 x 5 x Bar
1 x 5 - 40% 5 rep max
1 x 3 - 60% 5 rep max
1 x 2 - 80% 5 rep max

Does this look sufficient for my program ?

That looks good. Mehdi did acctually recommend something similar, but with even more sets when the weights starts to pile up. I cannot submit a post with a link since this is my first post, so search google for "stronglifts warmup" and it's the first hit, titled "5 Rules To Find Your Perfect Warm-up Weight".

//Kalliban

Hey i actually do 3x5 right now for stronglifts great program.... anyways don't you think 5 warmup sets are a little much and do you add any extra work into the program i just feel like that 1x5 would only be like a 30 minute workout ya no

Top Bottom