Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Strongest Athletes

Tiervexx said:

hockey players are though but that is nothing compared to the amount of will it takes to stand and fight while being kicked and/or punched by strong and skillful fighters over and over again. Toughness EASILY goes to the boxers.

True but boxers fight what 2 fights a year and one guy at a time.
Hockey players have to constantly keep their heads up for a 82 game schedule plus a 4 round playoff series. And nothing is more physical than NHL playoffs. Take a look at their faces at the end of the series, they look like boxers.

Just my opinion:D

little chris said:
True but boxers fight what 2 fights a year

Often true but what do you think they do inbetween those fights? The training that alot of pro boxers put themselves through is absolute hell and most will do alot of practice matches.

sports

This is kind of off the topic but I have to say it. I don't think that basketball players fit the mold of strongest or having the most endurance. However I think that they combine both traits and are overall the best athletes in the world. I mean look at Ben Wallace, he's 6'10 can probably jump at least 32in, is strong as an ox, and has unbelieveable endurance. I can name example after example, but basketball players are the best athletes of any sport.

Re: sports

eXplicit said:
This is kind of off the topic but I have to say it. I don't think that basketball players fit the mold of strongest or having the most endurance. However I think that they combine both traits and are overall the best athletes in the world. I mean look at Ben Wallace, he's 6'10 can probably jump at least 32in, is strong as an ox, and has unbelieveable endurance. I can name example after example, but basketball players are the best athletes of any sport.

Fuck no!

basketball players have great cordnation, and quickness but no were near the strength, speed, and endurance of many other sports.

There shouldnt be a doubt that NFL players are the strongest.
Larry Allen Offensive Tackle for Dallas Cowboys, bench presses near 700 pounds. 95% of NFL lineman Def. and Off. (which makes up around 40%+ of the total NFL rosters) bench 400+ and squat 500+ pounds.

Football players are the biggest, strongest and fastest athletes in the world. As far as toughness goes, hockey players play with flesh wounds, football players play with broken bones, torn ligaments and muscles, get shot up with more pain killers and joint freezers just so they can go out on the field. I'm not saying hockey players aren't tough. But John Hannah played the last 10 years of his career with no ACL in either of his knees. That's not normal.

-K

i dont care who the fuck it is mike tyson could kick the shitt out of any one in a real street fight anyonE. YEah im sure if i wasnt mentally ready to fight id loose to but look at him in the 80's DAMN

Football players have more than short bursts of power, they have to go all out on every play, running, swim moves, spins, scratching, fighting, punching, diving, running some more then huddle for a few seconds and do it again 50 -60 times a game...they do have remarkable endurance as well as power and agility. A big part of the season is in August training out doors 2 and some times 3 a days then into Sept and October (where in Texas it is still 95-100degrees).

My point? To say football players only have short bursts of power is not accurate, and would only be stated by someone who never played football @ higher levels (college or pro).

Strongest Sports Players? FOOTBALL
Toughest Players? FOOTBALL/HOCKEY
Endurance? SOCCER / CYCLIST i.e. L. Armstrong

Top Bottom