Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Stright bar curls...what width?!?!?

Grantsdu

I have been trying really hard here lately to get my arms to catch up with the size of my cheast. I normally do arms once a week. I have been doing super sets but can't tell any difference. I feel like I'm gaining more from stright bar curls but I'm not sure how wode to do them. I have been varying them up but I want to opions from people that have done this with success. Maybe I'm just doing them wrong, I don't know. Any help would be nice!!!

Do str8 bar curls with your back against the wall (so you can't swing), elbows in, and your grip should be about shoulder width.

How can you think you are doing them wrong, but also believe you have been getting the best gains from them? If you are getting gains, most likely you are doing them just fine.

ND

A lot of guys will tell you to use a close grip, especially on an ez bar. The key to curls is form and weight, moreso than grip. Like Tiny B said, elbows in and don't swing. Shoulder width is fine.

Also, if you're worried about arm size in general, focus on your tris.

closer grip will stress the outer part of the biceps and a wider grip will focus more on the inner part. Switch the grip every time to get a well developed muscle.

Jabs said:
closer grip will stress the outer part of the biceps and a wider grip will focus more on the inner part. Switch the grip every time to get a well developed muscle.

really?:rolleyes:

What little gains that I have gotten have been miminal, not like they should be. My bench is way up and I train my arms as hard as I do my cheast, thats why I thought I may have been doing something wrong. Thanks for the help. I normally try to do 7 sets of curls, that enough or 2 much?

That is plenty for curls in my opinion. The important thing here is that the last two reps on those last couple sets should be pure agony, even if you have to sacrifice a little form to get them. Long as you keep the weight and intensity high, you should see some growth.

Top Bottom