Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Stir fry snap peas - how to not ruin them

CheapPinz

Hey everyone...I have a little cooking fact I think others can find useful.
regarding: I like cooking sliced meat, stir fry style in the wok, with a little liquid seasoning. I try to limit the vegs firstly because I don't like many vegs, but also to limit the carbs and sugars. The two vegs I like to add are onions (mainly for seasoning and can be picked to the side when eating), and snap peas. What are snap peas: I prefer the really flat peas you get in the produce section right near the bean sprouts...You may have to look hard for them, because they tend to offer the fat, puffy beans more than anything...I HATE those and the taste is uncomparable. The little flat ones almost have a minty flavor and this is what I do:
1. cook your stir fry as desired. I go so far as to cook the meat, remove half, slice it ready to eat, replace it for more seasoning, and repeat for the other half of the meat...It makes for a nice, ready to eat with your fork meal.
2. prep the peas by cleaning and if you want, snap off the tiny ends...I'm picky and don't like eating the stems.
3. dump the peas into the hot steaming wok. If your liquid stir fry sauce is almost gone, take about a shot glass of water and dump into the wok. The steam from this small amount is perfect and you don't want to burn your pan.
4. time it: 90 seconds. I've found if I dump it and hit 90 seconds on the micro timer, cover the wok and then remove from heat and uncover after 90, its perfect...slightly crisp but cooked. I'd call it an "aldente" vegetable, which to me, makes it seem more raw, fresh, and more full of nutrients. I could be a nut, but I've been told when you cook, steam, etc, you lose a lot of the benefit..In my mind, because its still a tiny bit raw and a definite crunch, its more healthy than not.
.......I hope you guys try this pea...I really like it and I think at a 3/4meat to 1/4 snow pea/onion ratio, its a perfect meat or chicken stir fry option-

Top Bottom