Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

still cant get my computer running

flex123

I went to bootdisk.com and downloaded the boot disk and I created the partition and than put in the cd for my windows operating system and when I used the win98 disk the installation falls saying that something is corrupt.
SO i tried 2000 server and it says that this disk cant be run run from dos.

any help here guys, cause I'm lost and have been trying to dick around with this computer for over a week trying to get it going again.

It was working fine before, cause I had 2000 server so I wanted to get rid of that and just install 2000 or xp....it wouldnt let me do a re-install or upgrade from2000 server so I figured formating the hard-drive would work.

now i'm left with nothing at all on my computer and I need help. I have no cash to spend on having someone fix it for me, and I dont know people who know computers.

I believe you can use that boot disk to delete whatever partitions are on the disk now. Then insert your Win2K or XP CD and boot directly to that; you may have to change a setting in the BIOS to do that. The 2000/XP setup routine will give you a chance to create a partition.

how do i do that bios thing? I did a google search on operating system not being able to run and it says to change the bios according to your computer....ZI wouldnt know which to use or how or what it actually is

Top Bottom