Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Stiff legged deads....

chewyxrage

I just started doing these a few weeks ago, and love the workout its giving to my hams.

Just need some feeback........it seems like it may be one of the more riskier movements in regard to injury. Just wanted to hear some personal tips on keeping it safe....I mean I know the basics but tell me some tips you would be giving someone you were teaching how to do this lift.......thanks.

Here's a link on form, although you already know good form, I'm sure--for shits & giggles.

http://www.theministryoffitness.com/mof/library/anims/sldeadlift.htm

My biggest piece of advice on Sldl'd, goes as follows:

If you are also doing Squats, Deads, Good-Mornings, & Hyper-Extensions that week during your other routines, you must find a schedule where you are spacing them out!! Even if you do Hammies & Quads on different days, if you are going heavy(especially), you have to somehow space these exercises out, so that you won't be over-training, or moreover over-stressing your lower back. For example, if you do heavy Deads during your Back routine that week, I would be really carefull about doing Squats, Sldl's, Deadlifts, or Good-Mornings at all during the rest of the week. Maybe pick one of them to do, but no more than that, as you will start to tax the shit out of your lower back if you do more-especially if you are lifting heavy. Similarly, if you do heavy Sldl's for Hammies that week, you shouldn't (in my opinion) go heavy on Deads & Good-Mornings especially, the rest of the week. Maybe Squats, but I'd avoid those others.

That is first & foremost as far as I am concerned, when considering safety.

An issue for most is flexibility. For me personally, the bottom position of the movement is already pushing the limit of how far I can stretch my hammies while keeping my back straight. So make sure you keep your back straight.

Other than that, have fun! I find them harder than regular DL's.

As you're leaning down slowly, begin to stick your ass out, until at the bottom of the rep it almost looks like you're showing it off sticking it up in the air like zoolander

that helps keep the back straight

Top Bottom