Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Steroids ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

Biochemical hormones are "said" to be better because they are manufactured to have the same molecule structure as the hormones produced by your body. AND, most importantly the are individually given and considered (it is called BHRT). A hormone panel test is done and dosages of estrogen, testosterone, and DHEA (and sometimes HGH) are all looked at and adjusted appropriately for you (no different than taking steroids other than it is legally prescribed). Typically HRT is a one-size-fits-all dosage approach and one that doctors are most famililar with because of the research that has been done. HRT is also intentionally structured synthetically so that they can be patented, money spent on research, and money made. However, very little research has been done on BHRT (I should have refered to it as such in my previous post). Drug companies won't spend money researching something they cannot patent. (very much like the steroid world) I talk to so many women that have been put on HRT and I'll ask "how did you determine how much of each hormone was needed?" The answer is always - my doctor just put me on such and such amount as a typical dosage. They usually all have the same amount. I think it is time this practice is questioned.

In the US BHRT is popping up everywhere and is becoming popular among people that want to counteract the aging process. Men want more muscle, women want to lose weight or gain muscle and have their skin look like they are 20. Or, in other words, legal steroid use. Hollywood has been doing it for ages. This is far from HRT and the use for menapause symptoms. You do not need such symptoms to be prescribed BHRT and is more acceptable for young people. It is quiet the topic. Steroids marketed as anti-aging. The great thing about this is that at least these men and women are under doctor supervision and hormone levels are being tested often. And I am all for returning your hormone levels to those at your rip young age of 20! Much safer than illegal steroid use. I would imagine for this very reason (and as this becomes more popular) the figure world is going to have issues with it.

Good luck Tat with your research. I think it is great that you are looking into it now.

Tat - you can always look at HRT research and somewhat relate it to BHRT. The difference in prescribing it is that with BHRT (if you have a good doctor) your hormone levels and blood work are tested frequently to ensure levels are consistant and that there are no "foreign" cells being fought off (sign of cancer). Sometimes with BHRT your body can kick in and start producing the hormones itself (particularly if under 45). This is still all up for research.

Top Bottom