Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Steel Cut Oats - microwave

Eric Talmant on Microwaves

Sorry, no references, so this could just be scare mongering, for what it is worth:

Based on the scientific clinical studies extensively conducted by the Russians, Germans, and the Swiss, we can conclude the following:

1). Continually eating food processed from a microwave oven causes long term - permanent - brain damage by "shorting out" electrical impulses in the brain [de-polarizing or de-magnetizing the brain tissue].

2). The human body cannot metabolize [break down] the unknown by-products created in microwaved food.

3). Male and female hormone production is shut down and/or altered by continually eating microwaved foods.

4). The effects of microwaved food by-products are residual [long term, permanent] within the human body.

5). Minerals, vitamins, and nutrients of all microwaved food is reduced or altered so that the human body gets little or no benefit, or the human body absorbs altered compounds that cannot be broken down.

6). The minerals in vegetables are altered into cancerous free radicals when cooked in microwave ovens.

7). Microwaved foods cause stomach and intestinal cancerous growths [tumors]. This may explain the rapidly increased rate of colon cancer in America.

8). The prolonged eating of microwaved foods causes cancerous cells to increase in human blood.

9). Continual ingestion of microwaved food causes immune system deficiencies through lymph gland and blood serum alterations.

10). Eating microwaved food causes loss of memory, concentration, emotional instability, and a decrease of intelligence. ("The Hidden Hazards of Microwave Cooking" by Anthony Wayne and Lawrence Newell)

I am not sure about you, but microwaving food is something that I avoid at all cost.

Yes, this is the case (losing nutrients) with cooking and baking, but not to the same degree as microwaving. This is why I advise that most of your food intake be raw or as close to raw as possible. For me, I still cook my chicken to the recommended internal temperature, but almost everything else is eaten raw.

Re: Eric Talmant on Microwaves

Hmm.

I have terrible headaches - about 2 years now.

I rely on microwave daily for oats, sweet potato, and pumpkin. This is probably 80% of my carb consumption. Other foods I steam/broil.

I will have to do some research

Tatyana said:
Sorry, no references, so this could just be scare mongering, for what it is worth:

Based on the scientific clinical studies extensively conducted by the Russians, Germans, and the Swiss, we can conclude the following:

1). Continually eating food processed from a microwave oven causes long term - permanent - brain damage by "shorting out" electrical impulses in the brain [de-polarizing or de-magnetizing the brain tissue].

2). The human body cannot metabolize [break down] the unknown by-products created in microwaved food.

3). Male and female hormone production is shut down and/or altered by continually eating microwaved foods.

4). The effects of microwaved food by-products are residual [long term, permanent] within the human body.

5). Minerals, vitamins, and nutrients of all microwaved food is reduced or altered so that the human body gets little or no benefit, or the human body absorbs altered compounds that cannot be broken down.

6). The minerals in vegetables are altered into cancerous free radicals when cooked in microwave ovens.

7). Microwaved foods cause stomach and intestinal cancerous growths [tumors]. This may explain the rapidly increased rate of colon cancer in America.

8). The prolonged eating of microwaved foods causes cancerous cells to increase in human blood.

9). Continual ingestion of microwaved food causes immune system deficiencies through lymph gland and blood serum alterations.

10). Eating microwaved food causes loss of memory, concentration, emotional instability, and a decrease of intelligence. ("The Hidden Hazards of Microwave Cooking" by Anthony Wayne and Lawrence Newell)

I am not sure about you, but microwaving food is something that I avoid at all cost.

Yes, this is the case (losing nutrients) with cooking and baking, but not to the same degree as microwaving. This is why I advise that most of your food intake be raw or as close to raw as possible. For me, I still cook my chicken to the recommended internal temperature, but almost everything else is eaten raw.

Re: Eric Talmant on Microwaves

Tatyana, the increased rate of colon cancer is directly linked to our increased consumption of meat, fast food, and decreased consumption of vegetables (fiber).

I believe the microwave "side effects" that Eric Talmant presents are pure scare tactics. There is no scientific data to support his claims.

statdoc said:
Steel cut oats need to be cooked traditionally. They will never cook well in the microwave. Traditional oats are usually either precooked or are pressed to allow faster cooking.

QUOTE]

Now I find this as I sit eating my microwaved bowl of gravel I mean Steel Cut Oats!!! LOL

Steel Cut oats is the ONLY OATMEAL I eat. I just take 8 cups of water and 2 cups of dry oats and cook them for about 30 minutes stirring occasionally and put them in small plastic containers and put them in the fridge! Works great!! That usually makes 6 cups of cooked oatmeal.

I think the reheated oats are actually better than the freshly cooked steel cut oatmeal.

I have a zojirushi rice cooker and one of the settings is for porridge. The great thing about this is the timer on the cooker you can set it for the time you want it to be finished and its smart enough to take care of the rest.

In the past i've cooked a big batch of steel cut oats and measure it out into containers and either refrigerate it or freeze it. Those zojirushi's with the neo fuzzy logic can get expensive, but for what we do and our lifestyle i think its the single greatest appliance i've ever purchased

Which zojirushi do you have? Part # would be great!

tdoom1 said:
I have a zojirushi rice cooker and one of the settings is for porridge. The great thing about this is the timer on the cooker you can set it for the time you want it to be finished and its smart enough to take care of the rest.

In the past i've cooked a big batch of steel cut oats and measure it out into containers and either refrigerate it or freeze it. Those zojirushi's with the neo fuzzy logic can get expensive, but for what we do and our lifestyle i think its the single greatest appliance i've ever purchased

I don't know about steel cut oats, but Quaker Oats can be microwaved at 1/2 power for 5 minutes...comes out perfect IMO. Take whatever your oats are and double it for water....1/2 cup of oats = 1 cup of water, etc.

Top Bottom