Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

starving at night

bookie

I currently weigh 188 14% bf and trying to get to 10%. I have been dieting for the past 4 weeks basically only eating carbs in the morning and staying away from them later in the evening. I workout in the evening, but when I get back I am still starving later at night. Please help me critique my diet. Thanks!

meal 1: 5 egg whites and oatmeal flaxseed
meal 2: protein shake
meal 3: turkey breast flaxseed and veg.
meal 4: protein bar
meal 5: chicken breast flaxseed
meal 6: protein shake:

:p

I'm not sure how many carbs that protein shake has, but I'd up the carbs. It seems you are border line ketosis with this (you're at what, 30g?) Up em', or completely lower them (if you're capable of doing a keto : but add the fat if this is the case).

I add the fats when I have an absense of carbs. Eg. Later in the evening, when I have tuna, I'll have the fats (2-3 tbsp olive oil) NOT when I have high gi carbs as I already have enough calories in the meal and plus high gi carbs and high fat meals aren't the best for cutting.
Try to have carbs up until 4 pm. You could use something like this>

MEAL 1
1 ww bread
5 egg whites
1 apple

MEAL 2
2 ww bread
140g Can of tuna
veggies

MEAL 3
2/3 C brown rice
140g can of tuna
veggies

MEAL 4 (pre workout)
1 banana/apple
Chicken breast/tuna/fish

MEAL 5 (post workout)
500 ml apple juice
3tbsp whey (26 g protein)

MEAL 6
140g can tuna
2-3 tbsp olive oil

MEAL 7
20-30g of protein from shrimp

---------

That's the one I'm currently on. SKip meal 5 on non training days. I'm just showing my cutting diet to display what I mean about carbs and fats in the evening.
Your diet is fine....yet up the carbs. And perhaps count calories. If you feel like switching to my diet, before you do, count calories...as my needs are different than yours. If there are too many cals (AMR - 500) then cut some things out. If there are too many, do the reverse.

Peace

Adding carbs will NOT help with appetite, well, ok I am wrong, it will help with increasing appetite due to the insulin spike.

Now, to answer you question: what you should try is to have a tbsp. of flaxseed with a protein shake before bed(I'm assuming you have 0-3carb protein shakes)...When you add fats to your meals, then you should be able to blunt hunger and, in turn, decrease appetite.

Also, before bed, you can add a Fiber drink to your meal. Example: 20g protein w/ 1tbsp. flaxseed..then right after, have a fiber drink....and whaaaalllaaa, you are so full that you wont even think about hunger until 6 hours later.

Mr.X :cool:

Top Bottom