Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

starting routine monday, any tips....

big calvin

ok im now gonna start westside on monday...i have been trying to do box squats before i start but man i just hate them! i like going rock bottom and i just dont like trying to sit or hover over a box. so im just gonna be doing squats , i may try it again but im pretty sure im sticking with normal deep squats....

heres the routine:

monday-ME squat day
squat/half squat/good mornings
3 stiff leg deadlifts/seated good mornings/pull throughs(1-2 warmup sets)
3 crunches/leg raises
3 calf raises(1 warmup sets)

wednesday-ME bench day
bench press/floor press/close bench press
3 jm press/skull crushers
3 rows(2 warmup sets)
3 overhead press(2 warmup sets)
3 hammer curls(1 warmup sets)

friday-DE squat day
squats 6*2
3 stiff leg deadlifts/seated good mornings/pull throughs(1-2 warmup sets)
3 crunches/leg raises
3 calf raises(1 warmup sets)

sunday-DE bench press day
bench press 6*3
3 jm press/skull crushers
3 rows(2 warmup sets)
3 overhead press(2 warmup sets)
3 hammer curls(1 warmup sets)

now i have just a couple of question that im not still sure about.

-for all assi. exercises do i go to failure on both day? like do i do jm presses to failure on both DE and ME day? or on DE i got easy?
-should i be doing some sled work? would that count as cardio or just extra work?
-what rep range should i keep assi. work ? 4-6 or higher reps like 8-10?
-for shoulders i noticed that many westside members do just front/side/rear laterals and that it. why not go for power exercise like push presses or db over head presses? why the raises? and if i swicthed to raises would that mean my shoulders wouldnt gain stength?
-should i go some grip work? and when?

well i guess i had a little more questions then i thought :D

thanks.

Well on my assistance work on monday my reps are 5 to 3 and that is reaching failure. On thurs my assistance is 3's up to a max. I don tuse a sled but you can use it on you squat/dead day at the end and its not cardio. I just do raises also not cause they do it, but since i quit pressing my shoulder feels alot better. And my bench has gone up. But Kenny Patterson does overhead presses so if you like em do em. And if your grip is bad then do some work for it. When you rack pull or whatever hold a little bit longer at the top. Hope i helped some.

I have been trainign westside for about the past year and I love it.

Here's the deal:
on your max effort days pick ONE exercise and work it to a max single. You can use triples onthe good ams as some people need more time under tesnion. Then pick 3 or 4 exercises that work the rest of the chain, finish off with abs and you're done. All of yoru squatting must be done off a box. If you use a box squat as a me exercise make sure it is lower than your speed squat day. People try and make it too hard, the best advice about this that I ever got from Dave Tate was don't htink too much -- use the system and you will get stronger by accident.

Top Bottom