Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

standing push press

BOOEY

Banned
What exercises (besides the one in question) can you do to get stronger in this lift. If I go too heavy on it, it feels like my back is gonna snap ....

What's up Booey, any type of overhead exercise wether it's a press pushpress or jerk has been tough for me and I'm working on them as much as I can two things that I have done that helps build strength in the back for this is Ive been doing a front squat lockout and I hold the weight for at least 30sec. I do these with a weight thats alot heavier than I can clean and it builds some great strength in the entire back. The second exercise that I've been doing is overhead squat lockouts and I also hold the weight over my head for at least 30sec. also this helps you get used to holding heavy weights over your head I use a heavier weight than I can press put the bar on top of the powerrack get in the overhead squat position and lock it out. I feel these exercises help mentally also.

Thanks, a question: with the overhead squat lockouts, do you actually perform the squatting motion?

thats what I do. I squat under the bar and keep my elbows locked out then use my legs to do the lockout and my elbows are locked out the whole time. It took some practice at first, but it has help me develop some low back strength for my full range overheads.It's basically the holding that builds the best strength for it, at least for me.

Strengthen your core.

GM's, box squats, reverse hypers, deads, and lots of full ROM straight leg ab work.

B True

b fold the truth said:
Strengthen your core.

GM's, box squats, reverse hypers, deads, and lots of full ROM straight leg ab work.

B True

Great advice right there. Except for GM's and box squats(no box) that's the kind of stuff I do every week.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Top Bottom