Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Stalled on 5x5 during a cut, now what?

tom5933

So i'm in the process of cutting and using Madcow's 5x5 to keep my strength and I have finally plateaued. I want to try to keep increasing my strength while losing pounds, is there another program I should switch to now that I've stopped progressing on 5x5? Keep in mind I'm cutting and only looking for gaining more strength and keeping my existing muscle, not adding new muscle. Thanks

Seeing as this will be me in a couple weeks I would like to see an answer to this also. Another related question, can you gain strength while cutting?

It depends what sort of a cut you are doing. IF? Anabolic Diet? UD 2.0???

Generally, when on a dedicated cut, aim to maintain strength or improve it very gradually.

You can cut and gain strength...just not as fast as you would if you were maintaining weight.

If you're having a problem with the 5x5, either reset the weight or change the program. I'd advise a change in the program however if something aint broke no need to fix it.

Just a normal cut diet of about 2200-2400 calories on WO days with generally a 40/30/30 split and about 2000 calories on cardio days with a 45/20/35 split. I'm not making any progress on 5x5 and am probably going to switch it up to the volume portion of Kante's 3x3 for a few weeks, then jump into FST-7 for a clean bulk.

Top Bottom