Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

St.Johns wort

I never had a problem. What are you using it for ? It has been proven that St Johns wort does nothing for depression and that is may cause unwanted sides. I have since stopped taking it

M18

"What are you using it for ? It has been proven that St Johns wort does nothing for depression and that is may cause unwanted sides. I have since stopped taking it."

M18 - I am almost certain that the study you are referring to did not find that SJW does nothing for depression. As I recall, many or most people with severe depression did not report an improvement, but it was not shown that mild depression could not be effectively treated with St. John's Wort.

Personally I take it for help sleeping and anxiety. It has been a godsend for me. I honestly have to credit that mild herb for substantially improving the quality of my life.

People with severe depression should be under the care of a phsycian who may wish to prescribe an antidepressant. However, based on my experiences I would strongly recommend that those with mild depression, mild anxiety, and/or insomnia give STJ a try. It is essentially free of side effects.

To answer the question, no I do not believe that SJW has affected my sex drive at all.

<<"What are you using it for ? It has been proven that St Johns wort does nothing for depression and that is may cause unwanted sides. I have since stopped taking it." >>

"M18 - I am almost certain that the study you are referring to did not find that SJW does nothing for depression. As I recall, many or most people with severe depression did not report an improvement, but it was not shown that mild depression could not be effectively treated with St. John's Wort. "

"Personally I take it for help sleeping and anxiety. It has been a godsend for me. I honestly have to credit that mild herb for substantially improving the quality of my life. "

"People with severe depression should be under the care of a phsycian who may wish to prescribe an antidepressant. However, based on my experiences I would strongly recommend that those with mild depression, mild anxiety, and/or insomnia give STJ a try. It is essentially free of side effects. "

TREVDOG is correct, the study that the press erroneously hyped did not show that SJW is ineffective for depression, but for severe depression. This is not amazing, since many clinical drugs are ineffective in this condition.

There are numerous studies showing that SJW is effective in mild depression. There are also numerous studies showing that SJW does effect the neurotransmitter levels in the CNS. It seems to be a non-selective neurotransmitter modulator.

P.S. One study showed that SJW can increase GH levels, most likely through its effects on dopamine and prolactin.

replace your St johns wort with Inositol...u will be pleased with the results and u dont have to thank me...Thank mr Gary wary......the inositol pioneer.

Try 5-HTP, and maybe some SAM-E.

These are MUCH better than St. John's Wort. By far.

Plus 5-HTP acts quite quickly.

Note: If you are taking a LOT of SJW, then dont slam tons of 5-HTPM into your system right away.

There is info about this all over the next. Check it out.

If you have problems with like "mental aletrness", try DMAE and Choline, with a lot of B-Vitamins.

This is a short message, but trust me, ther is a LOT of study behind it.

Dont do that SJW crap, or Prozac (which works in the same way as SJW). Scew that shit.

Top Bottom