Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Squats = big ass?

Elementality

Hey, I've been doing the 5x5 workout for about 4 weeks now and its been working very well for me. As you all know the template calls for a lot of squats and lately i have noticed that when im lookin in the mirror my ass looks big through my jeans. Im in good shape, and i dont look chubby or anything but when i've noticed that since your thighs and glutes are like two of the biggest muscles in your body they tend to get big fast and it makes my butt look big. I think my waist line has increased a little bit too, but not my body fat %. It seems the little fat i had on my butt already was percepionally amplified by the large ammount of muscle growth underneath. Anyone else notice this kind of stuff with doing squats? Maybe i should just buy some looser jeans or something cuz it <seems to me> that it looks like i have a bloated ass now.

Elementality said:
Hey, I've been doing the 5x5 workout for about 4 weeks now and its been working very well for me. As you all know the template calls for a lot of squats and lately i have noticed that when im lookin in the mirror my ass looks big through my jeans. Im in good shape, and i dont look chubby or anything but when i've noticed that since your thighs and glutes are like two of the biggest muscles in your body they tend to get big fast and it makes my butt look big. I think my waist line has increased a little bit too, but not my body fat %. It seems the little fat i had on my butt already was percepionally amplified by the large ammount of muscle growth underneath. Anyone else notice this kind of stuff with doing squats? Maybe i should just buy some looser jeans or something cuz it <seems to me> that it looks like i have a bloated ass now.

Both sexes like big asses. Take pride in it.

squats do make for a big booty. it also seems reasonable that squats and deads would increase your waist from the increase in core strength and muscles.

Yup. The outcome is referred to as "Squatter's Ass", aside from the strength gains and such. :D It makes pants stay on nice.

Squat can lend them selves to Big butts yes

I use Leg Presses to favor Quads and hams

then do squats later as a burn out with less weight

If you are squatting correctly then yes your ass is going to get a lot of involvement and stimulate muscle growth.

Cheers,
Scotsman

that sucks ;p i guess ill just have to do extra cardio to get rid of that glute fat since it is so exposed from the underlying muscle.

yeah it makes your ass big but thickens your thighs like nothing else. personally i'm proud of it, football players, heavyweight wrestlers, sprinters all have big ass muscles and thighs, you don't look athletic without glutes and thighs, more like a comic book caricature of strength than any greek ideal.

Top Bottom