Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Speedbench questions?

view

Can someone explain to me what this is?

And also what it is useful for? Strength training? Bodybuilding?

Thanks, K for help.

usually one would take 40-60% of their max and do some thing like 6-12 sets of 2-3 reps with 30 seconds rest in between..its most effective when done after chest workout to condition the muscles for a powerlifting meet..it is when ur tired that youll have to put up your heaviest weight..it aids in strength to help explode the weight!

Sounds interesting. My goals are bbing related, however, I am fascinated with chest strength. You think they are worth while then?

view said:
Sounds interesting. My goals are bbing related, however, I am fascinated with chest strength. You think they are worth while then?
absolutely..look at walking beast journal..he includes speed work and he benches a shitload!! obviously any time you can improve strength you can get bigger..it may not always be that linear but if your benching 225 for 10 and then 235 for 10 and so on you should be getting bigger!!

It is used on Dynamic bench day according to westside training. It is around 50% of your shirted max or 60% of your raw. 8-12 sets of 3 with 45 seconds in between sets, and each set shoud take you approximately three seconds. It is to build bar speed which should correlate to building a bigger bench if you can get your bar speed better. I think it may work better for shirted benchers as the part of the chest is easier thus the faster you can get it off the chest, the better your chances of competeing the lift. If you want to read more about it go to elitefitnesssystems and read some of their dynamic bench articles.

wnt2bBeast said:
absolutely..look at walking beast journal..he includes speed work and he benches a shitload!! obviously any time you can improve strength you can get bigger..it may not always be that linear but if your benching 225 for 10 and then 235 for 10 and so on you should be getting bigger!!

ThanX for the kind words brother!! Still got a LONG way to go!! Ive seen your lifts as well and youre up there yourself!! I agree with that also, improving strength most definately translates to bodybuilding also. Strength does not always lead to increased size, but I think enough of a strength increase over time will. I do the speed bench at only 160lbs which was reccomended to me by the brute and Ive been sticking to it ever since. It seems to work great at teaching the bench groove, explosive power and speed. Its VERY easy to do also. Im doing speed bench with about 43% of my current one rep max. Ive heard people do it with 45-65% of thier one rep max. I try to get 3 reps in 3 seconds for each set, and take 30 seconds rest between sets, doing 10 sets. I do the speed bench after one of my regular bench workouts. So Im not fresh, but its still very easy. Definately worth a try IMO. Hope that helps!

Top Bottom