Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

SPAT; diet questions

spat.. check my new thread.. if you still have questions, feel free to pm me.. i really hope this helps :D

OK, now let me be sure I have this straight.....You've gained 4lbs by the scales on a 'bulking' diet. By your trainers caliper estimate this has all been LBM and no fat, but you are disappointed in your results so far. Also of concern to you is that you've gone from a size 6 to a size 8 (is that on the bottom, top or both??). On the surface of it it looks very possible that you've got some fluid retention happening, which would show up as an increase in fat free mass (LBM). This is pretty common when you increase food intake, especially carbs. You may be getting a very nice muscle glycogenation happening which is the first stage of true muscle hypertrophy. I must say that calculating gains or losses in mass and fat over a 4lb change is marginal even with very precise equipment. After my last competition I gained 14lbs over 3 days and if you had measured it with calipers or even DXA it would have appeared to be all LBM when in fact I know for sure it was just fluid. So the real question is are your muscles getting bigger?

Hmmmm strength gains are more a matter of neural conditioning than hypertrophy if you're not "on". So your strength gains are not surprising. Look at what some of those under 56kg powerlifters can move and you'll see what I mean! 6 weeks is not very long for hypertrophy if you're not using AAS. 6 months is more of a starting point, and 2-3 years even more realistic. If you're in a bigger hurry than that then you should consider going with the AAS. Aside from that, your calories and carbs sound a bit low for someone with your stats. Is all that protein really necessary? I know we're moving into pretty controversial territory here, but as someone who is not on AAS all that protein just seems like an expensive way to get carbs! That's close to what I eat for a cutting diet........

Last edited:
I asked about distilled because unless that's all you drink, you probably get more than enough minerals in the tap water you drink. But waste $ if you want. A multi vitamin is essential, but minerals beyond that and tap water isn't needed.

All water is ground source and then run through pipes if it's tap.

The debate about absorbtion is always on, and it varies from one person to the other. The quality of a vitamin matters too. I take an awsome multi that covers all my bases. I still take calcium separate (too bulky to fit what I need in a multi) and vit E and chromium and vit C. But as for everything else, I feel it's supplied by my day to day multi and diet (and water consumption) I realize that the ground has been so worked over that it doesn't have nearly what God intended left in it anymore....but I vary the veggies and such, using my multi as a "safety net" for what I miss.

I'm not saying you shouldn't take colloidals, but was rather just asking. I work at a vit store and have nutrition degree. I see a lot of people come in and put $ into unescesary (sp) products because they were misinformed or whatever.
As for most BBing supps talked about here, I'm unaware of their functions and all......so I learn from you guys every day. We all have our places of knowledge. AND we all have our routines that work for us regardless of other's opinions! So, I think it's nice to be able to discuss something genuinely.

Top Bottom