Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Soy protein...

esteveze

ugffff
I bought a Soy protein poweder.. it has 25g per serving 10oz
Ohh my..this is nasty....
I drank half and almost vomit....
Is this normal....
I rather eat meat(Tuna, chicken)..anything but this...
Uffff
The reason I decided to go for a protein drink is, I am not much of an eater...And I could use it as a snack in the afternoon..
But..is this an adquired taste..or something like that???
Any suggestion are welcome..

I am with you on this one.....UGH!!!!!

Spatterson drinks it....she probably can tell you more on diff. brands.

You just have to keep trying until you find one out there that tastes ok to you. Some people mix fruits and things to make them taste better - I, personally, don't have time to do that, but you may wanna try it. Also, click on this thread to read about protein shakes that some of the women on the board prefer.....

If you don't like soy, just drink whey...not that big of a difference.....

http://boards.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=72026

That is so true esteveze, you will have to find one that you like. It took me some time too. I like the Swiss choc Pro Blend by Human Development Technologies. If you are trying to get some soy you can use the whey protein powder and 1/2 soy milk 1/2 water.:)

Think salt, not sweet.

Try it with things like oatmeal, beef broth for a thick gravey, or even in a cheese sauce for steamed broccoli. It does have a strong, almost bitter taste of cellulose.

Another favorite is mixed with peanut butter in a shake, but the soy flavor still comes through a little.

Basically, if the crap wasn't so healthy, I would toss it too!

soy sucks.. stick to whey... here's why...

"Soy also contains phytoestrogens (plant hormones) that mimic estrogen. This encourages promoters to tout the benefits of soy for relief of the symptoms of menopause. Studies show that eating 20 g of soy daily for six weeks will help reduce hot flashes and other symptoms" -The Gale Encyclopedia of Alternative Medicine

why would you want a protein that mimics estrogen when whey, is the highest yield of protein available.

"Whey is a derivative of milk protein. Its short chains and peptides make it available for absorption within ten minutes of ingestion. Whey is the best investment because of its capacity as a post-workout recovery supplement. That critical time after severe physical stress when the cells will act like a sponge and take in almost anything. The extreme hunger of the cells and the fast-acting properties of whey will make sure you use the best window for recovery to the fullest. If not, the body will hunt the stored reserves of nutrients and when on a diet for example that will cause them to rob other muscle-tissue of glutamine. So whey is the best protein, especially on a diet. It also supplies the most aminos bodybuilders use. Whey protein is the only choice when on a diet. When on low-carb diets whey can function as an alternate source of energy, sparing hard-earned muscle protein and glutamine stores within the body" -bodybuilding.com

I like my soy protein in my oats. I've got to the stage where I don't like the taste of oats WITHOUT soy. It's also great in a rice pudding if you add some sweetener. Soy is a great food for bodybuilders, and I wouldn't worry at all about the 'phytoestrogen hype'. The best protein (if you don't have a dairy allergy) is a mix of whey and soy proteins. You could always hold your nose and gulp it down!!

Rice Pudding????
I was under the impression that rice is not good for u..
How do u make the rice pudding?? or do u buy it prepare??
Any recepies??? I love rice pudding..umm

Supergirl, I gotta disagree on the "Whey is the best" thing. Or at least qualify it.

I think that whey IS the best post-workout. For the fast digestibility. But for the rest of the day, I've gotta give it to calcium caseineate or milk protein isolate. Those are the slower-digesters.

With them, you get a steady infusion of protein all day, almost like a time-release.

Soy might not be ideal, but lately I am a fiend for soy nuts!! I wish I could stop, but my boss keeps 'em around and they're so addictive and cheap! Like, $2 will get you a vat. And the other food we eat tends to be so expensive, so....

I have this paranoia that my body is producing is mass estrogen on account of all these damn nuts!!!! Do ya think it's possible?

I agree with consuming slower digesting proteins except post workout, when whey is good. You should take heart buksoon. Many/most phytoestrogens prolly act as ANTI-estrogens much more than estrogens. Not only can they bind estrogen receptors and displace your body's natural estrogen binding (kinda like Nolvadex does at specific estrogen receptors) but many of them also inhibit aromatase so your body actually produces less of it's own estrogen. This is thought to be the main way that phytoestrogens prevent estrogen dependant cancers. Other than that, I hope the soy nuts aren't TOO salty!

Top Bottom